Corsair 2GB XMS2 PC2-6400 PRO

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If you are seeking out a new DDR2 kit, then make sure it's at least 2GB! The 6400PRO from Corsair boasts the fast speed of DDR2-800 with timings of 5-5-5. Best of all though, it rolls in at 2GB and includes some purdy LED's!

You can read the full review here and then discuss it here!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Review has been updated. Something went awry the first time and the results were completely wrong.

/me kicks PC.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Looking good man! That's some excellent scores across the board. The led's I could live without, but I know other's love 'em. I'm not in need of ddr2 yet but with the new AM2 processors coming out, it look like a fine addition to a performance rig.

PUTALE

Obliviot
man, looks like great memories. Looks like a good performer as well. 2 gig is just awesome, I wish I have 2 gig in my system.

Fr00zen

Obliviot
2 GB DIMMS might not run in dual channel mode.

Motherboards normally have a limit to the size of DIMMS for dual channel mode.

gliffy

Obliviot
Probably won't run in dual channel. The original socket 939 chips did not support dual channel mode on 1gb dimms.

MaRm

Obliviot
PUTALE said:
I thought all socket 939 runs dual channel (it's the socket 754 that does not run dual channel).

There is a LIMIT to how much memory you can run in dual channel.

I own a winchester core socket 939 myself and it won't run in dual channel mode with 1 GB dimms. The venice core socket 939 fixed that I think, but even then it still won't run in dual channel if the dimm sizes are too large.