CoolIt NV200 GPU Cooler

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I'm very pleased with the temps.
Idle temps at 41C* and load at 45C*

And upon arrival, I found a surprise gift, a USB drink chiller ( figuring on modding that also ) LOL
Shipped as a 6 lb. package, I opened like a child at Xmas.
All the goodies that I had hoped.
Although very little install guides were included.
I had to figure out the wiring myself...that was scary as Halloween.
Barry and Sean from CoolIt had said that I would see a 30% gain in temps, but I see more than that.
I was getting 49C* at idle and in game 70C* under load.
New temps in pic

Merlin

Attachments

• 10142008.jpg
    10142008.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 529

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I'm curious as to how before, the idle and load temps were far different. How come with the CoolIT, there is only a 4°C differential between the idle and the load? You'd figure that at idle, it could hit at least 30°C.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I'm curious as to how before, the idle and load temps were far different. How come with the CoolIT, there is only a 4°C differential between the idle and the load? You'd figure that at idle, it could hit at least 30°C.
Sorry, that wasn't at idle. Idle is at 34*C
Zero frames would be idle, the card shifted to half, thats why only a 4* drop
I tested it with the Le Mans race, it's a graphic hell
Easily It would hit 70*C on stock cooler and idle around 58*C
So the difference now is 34*C and 45*C to 46*C
Merlin

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Good to hear, and glad the product seems to be worth the cost of admission. It's just too bad that it's so expensive to cool these already expensive graphic cards.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Good to hear, and glad the product seems to be worth the cost of admission. It's just too bad that it's so expensive to cool these already expensive graphic cards.
When I got the GTX280, I could finally max any graphic settings to MAX, it's just the heat factor.
At 70*C ( 158*F ) bothered me, So I got a case with four heat sectors ( Mozart TX ) and added the NV200. Now the CPU runs cooler as well as the GPU.
This is my entertainment center for games, videos and security system.
The other machine is for paying bills and a backup.
Both machines on the Network Server.
I'll settle down for a while with what I have untill something else is at least twice as fast.

Merlin

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I'll settle down for a while with what I have untill something else is at least twice as fast.

Yes! You are truly an upgrading wizard, but that must get some expensive. Hold out for the GeForce GTX 480 or Radeon HD 6870 X2 :-D