Cooler Master V6 GT CPU Cooler

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
In the market for the best CPU cooler for the buck? Cooler Master's V6 GT is the one to look out for. It features a great design that's both appealing to look at and efficient in doing its job, and despite it taking up less room over all compared to other mega-coolers out there, it offers exceptional cooling ability.

You can read Bill's full look at Cooler Master's latest beast and then discuss it here!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
i recently got a V8 from a friend and i got my cpu upto 3.6 ghz! i was thinking of waiting for the V6 but i got the V8 for like $23!! :D

still, V6 is good stuff!

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
For absolute cooling power the V6 is better than the V8, but if you are happy with your results there is no reason to swap it.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
V6 is better than a V8!? wow!
ur ambient temps are 20C and even then the idle temps. are 32 and 34C! is that cause of it being a quad core? cause my ambient temps are around 34-36C, and my cpu idled at 34-35C at stock and 39-40C at 3.6Ghz...

If i do go all out for a cpu cooler, i'll go for the corsair H70! any chance it be on ur reviewing list?? :D

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
V6 is better than a V8!? wow!
ur ambient temps are 20C and even then the idle temps. are 32 and 34C! is that cause of it being a quad core? cause my ambient temps are around 34-36C, and my cpu idled at 34-35C at stock and 39-40C at 3.6Ghz...

If i do go all out for a cpu cooler, i'll go for the corsair H70! any chance it be on ur reviewing list?? :D

H70 review will be up for you guys in the very very near future. It is on the test bench as we speak.

U

Unregistered

V6GT and RAM Slot placement

HI, i have read your review about this cooler. I am planning to buy this cooler but i am a bit anxious also of the ram placement. I am using a motherboard that has 2 RAM slots only and i need the 2 slots also. The RAM i have is a standard ddr2 ram (no heatsinks), 30mm tall. I have done some measurements before and based on my measurements, the cooler will allow me to install the RAM, but i have to asked for a professional opinion about this and for those who have already worked on this cooler before first hand. Your help and response would be greatly appreciated, thank you and God Bless.

dlb

Obliviot
I recently installed a V6GT on a client's motherboard (Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3) and had no problems with RAM clearance. All 6 memory slots were filled and there was no issue with the fans getting in the way of the first couple of RAM slots. This was with memory modules that had heat sinks, but the sinks barely extended past the top of the actual memory circuit board (maybe an eighth-inch), but even with the short heat sinks, there was over a quarter-inch clearance.....

(it's a great cooler!!! I was surprised by how quiet it was even w/o using PWM control)

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
Read it closely guys, the REAL problems are with S1156 boards. Most others do have the clearance needed.