Cooler Master HAF 922 Mid-Tower

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
When Cooler Master released their HAF 932 full-tower last fall, it was well-received for its overall design, build quality, impressive cooling-ability and, to some, aesthetics. With the success of that case, CM has followed-up with a mid-tower version that follows many similar design cues, but happens to look even better, and costs less.

You can read Bill's full look at CM's latest chassis here and discuss it here!

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
I have 2
One with water and one on air.
There's plenty of room inside for water coolings. you can even put the rad inside

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I have 2
One with water and one on air.
There's plenty of room inside for water coolings. you can even put the rad inside

You have the HAF 932. This is the HAF 922. You could squeeze in watercooling into this case if you really wanted to, but there is nowhere near the same interior room as the 932.

932 = full size case

922 = mid sized case.

BIG difference.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Yeah, come on Merlin. HAF another coffee or two.

Haha. Man, I need to get out of the house more.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
You have the HAF 932. This is the HAF 922. You could squeeze in watercooling into this case if you really wanted to, but there is nowhere near the same interior room as the 932.

932 = full size case

922 = mid sized case.

BIG difference.
OOOooops
I claim old age syndrome

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member

I wish people would stop using ImageShack and use another service. The ads there used to be bad, but after clicking that image, I got a full-screen pop-up that couldn't be closed. Rather a pop-up dialog came up, and at that point, the entire browser froze when I tried to rid it, and ended up crashing. So I started Firefox back up, and it restored the same stupid ad, which I managed to close. After the first dialog is closed, another one comes up.

This is an image-hosting service... delivering images weighing in at 50KB or so. Aren't full-screen and hugely intrusive ads a little on the ridiculous and overboard side?

That aside, what are we looking at in that image?

Attachments

• holy_ad_spam.png
    holy_ad_spam.png
    396.7 KB · Views: 557

Misha

Obliviot
Hey, I'm so sorry my friend, really ridiculous ad :)

But, i live at totally different location, so i guess it have something with IP address and fact that yours trigger some really bad ads :)

It's really hard to sell anything here in eastern Europe so we mostly get DV lottery (green card) banners or so. :)

If you ask me, ImageShack is last offensive image hosting service.
I really never ever had any problem with them.

What is the point of my image?

When i was in doubt, what case to choose, I had hard time to find descent photos of fully assembled HAF 922.
If your search google images, you will mostly find badly exposed, blurred, noisy images with dark interior, (or worse, taken in dark with direct flash) where you could hardly see anything.

So I put this photo, I took before finishing with building of my new PC :) I hope it could help someone to chose better!

Hope you don't mind i put it here....

Misha

Obliviot
It is still little bit early for fair user experience.

I put only one hard disk and had problem with ATX12V 8-4 pin power cable, to route it trough holes at a back of motherboard plate, as i saw people was able to do even with VX550 from Corsair.
So i should give it another try and also put a few more HD and SSD disk inside, before i can give my final thought! :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I should reiterate what I meant. You posted an image with no explanation at all, so from my perspective, it was hard to understand exactly what I was looking at. I guess I should have read the rest of the thread first, but that ad frustrated me, haha. Glad you are liking the chassis, though. And good choice on the VX550 PSU. Built my friend a PC last week, and that's the same model I chose for her.

Misha

Obliviot
Hm... :)
I saw photos of VX550 on the Internet, but i have HX850 :) Check my photo once again, this time with pop up disabled :)
I'm not that cheap and my PC brings me food on the table, so i must choose wisely!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oh, I didn't realize it was YOUR photo. Very professional... I wish I could get images like that ;-)

Sweet build, I love the attention to cleanliness!

Misha

Obliviot
Of course it's mine, as i told you, i found your website when i was searching for Lightroom benchmarks!
And as you can see, I decide to move in and stay :)

So, i think that every member of the forum community should contribute somehow!
I'm working almost 14 years as a photographer & designer, and even before, i use to shoot weddings, when i was kid.

For photos like this, you just need some studio and proper lighting equipment, really not a big deal!
I will put few photos more, when i finish with assembling, actually, when i complete that PC!

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The thing is, even professional photographers don't usually care that much about personal photos like these, so I just didn't put two and two together. I looked at it and thought it was a stock image, is the problem, but that's a good problem if you ask me, haha. Seriously nice photo. Whenever I get into a bigger place, I'll invest in better equipment (like a light tent at the very least). Right now, all the products I take pictures of sit on a white piece of bristol board, with nothing to bounce the flash off of. I'm kind of surprised that some of the backgrounds come out as white as they do.

Misha

Obliviot
Actually, i shoot assembling of a new PC for a stock photos :)
There are not so much good photos of PC building process around.

I use every opportunity to earn some money....
And this was really good opportunity. All hardware i bough looks really good on photos!
I will have to remove logos and letters but i hope it will pays off at the end.

I will send you one small manual i write for Canon Europe, it is all about product photography.
Light tent is OK for some specific, small highly reflective object, but two soft boxes are really much better solution! As you can see on my photo.
There are also 2 background lights to wash out background shadows.
And that is whole setup :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Ahh, stock photographer, huh? That sounds like a lot of fun, though I'm sure it can be tedious as heck at times as well. Thanks for sending me that manual, it looks great! I didn't read through the full thing yet, but I will especially when the time comes when I can make use of the information. Even though it's a Canon manual, I'll read it ;-) (I am a Nikon fan).

Misha

Obliviot
I'm mostly commercial photographer, but as money is always issue, i shoot whatever i can sold :)

I was Minolta fan in analog age, but later Canon simply offered better value and I switch in no time! Actually i really get lucky with selling my old minola cameras and lenses because lot of people wasn't able to realise that film will die and all your great analog equipment will become worthless overnight!

And Canon Europe asked me to write that, so I do :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oh I agree... if there are jobs available, take them. You must be well-respected to have a company like Canon ask you to do jobs like that. Minolta, huh? That's a name I miss hearing. I wasn't into photography much in those days, although I did own some simple point-and-shoots. The biggest reason I became so attracted to Nikon growing us is that they aren't Canon ;-) Canon is the "go to" name for cameras... and people who know nothing about cameras at all just automatically choose them because all their friends have them. I hate that. Whatever happened to doing research and going with whatever makes more sense to you?!