Conan O'Brien Interviews Intel's Ajay Bhatt

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From out front-page news:
As anyone who regularly watches The Tonight Show has probably already realized, Intel is a rather significant sponsor this season, and as part of the company's benefits, Conan features interviews with Intel's staff, and in the past, tours of the company's headquarters, which we talked about this past summer. Conan isn't exactly the biggest tech geek out there, but despite that, the segments have been continually hilarious.

In a segment that aired last week, Conan interviews Ajay Bhatt, one of Intel's "Rockstars". You might remember the commercial that featured him, with fellow employees screaming at the very sight of such genius. In addition to being the co-creator of the USB port, he also was responsible for AGP, PCI-Express, platform power management and various chipset enhancements. Simply put, he deserves his rockstar moniker.

I didn't realize this until watching the clip, but the Ajay Bhatt in the commercial is not the real person (understandably, many engineers aren't exactly actor-material), but he still seems like he has a great sense of humor (and you pretty much have to in order to survive an interview with Conan). Just watch the clip... it's well worth it.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" height="283" width="384"><embed id="W4727a250e66f97234ad4d14af5cf7cbb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://widgets.nbc.com/o/4727a250e66f9723/4ad4d14af5cf7cbb/4741e3c5156499a7/7cb283a2/-cpid/ca01145ec4788080" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" wmode="transparent" height="283" width="384">
</object>​

gibbersome

Coastermaker
Very funny clip! Saw this earlier. Conan surprises me now and then with a great skit.

It's true that engineers and geeks don't get our due respect. That has resulted in US losing its intellectual capital over the last several years.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
When Conan describes girls in a restaurant "touching each other", I busted out in laughter. I can only imagine what was going through Ajay's head, because I'm sure this kind of humor isn't what he deals with often.