Civilization V - Gods & Kings Review

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
After a far-too-long absence, religion and espionage has finally returned to Civilization, in the new Gods & Kings expansion. Along with those are many additional civs, units, buildings, wonders, a diplomatic retooling and a worthy upgrade to the city-state system. Read on as we take a look at G&K and see if it's worth your hard-earned gold.

Check out our full look at Civilization V: Gods & Kings and then discuss it here!

Kayden

Tech Monkey
Here I wasn't thinking about picking that up.....now I probably will when I have the chance. I hate you Rob.....in a good way.

U

Unregistered

Under cons you mentioned workers stopping work. This is a reaction to enemy units being nearby and alerts you that they may need to be moved.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Under cons you mentioned workers stopping work. This is a reaction to enemy units being nearby and alerts you that they may need to be moved.

The issue I'm talking about is a bit different. An example is telling your worker to build a farm, and after one turn, your attention gets directed to them although they are half-done building it. It happens enough where I don't believe enemies have anything to do with it (I'll have to keep out a closer eye next match, though).

One thing I did notice is that workers are a bit smarter where enemies are concerned. Rather than stop and be killed, some will run back to the nearest city and hide out, if it's close. I am not sure when that functionality was added, but I don't believe it was with G&K.

Thanks for the comment!