CAS vs FSB

Bobbythecat

E.M.I.
madstork91 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ OMG! kill the infadel!

Wow it's so old of a thread that ended in such awkward manner! But this is an important subject!

I found that my VGA works much much better with a processor with high clock-speeds. I am aware of the technical reasons, but let's leave that for somewhere else.
With my memory running at the standard 200Mhz, I had timings of 2-3-2-5 1T, with no problems. But my VGA didn't like it at all. It bickered every game about how much it could do, while my other parts lagged behind in performance. So, I upped the FSB and mem. freq to 300mhz. When I had a DFI, it was alright. Loosen up the timings, and I'd have a horrendously overclocked PC. But the damn eVGA mobo can't handle it at all. So I am at 240FSB or HTT/240Mhz, with 2.5-5-5-8 2T. Even so, the difference with performance was significance. The last number I remember was a 15,000 difference in Aquamark. So, although the memory timings would lag a bit, overall it serves the general good. Cheers to the noble sacrfice of timings for the better of everything else via increased FSB. :D