Bionic Commando To Return To PC, Xbox 360 & PS3

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
If this doesn't bring back fond memories of my NES-addicted childhood, I am not sure what would! According to Gamespot, Bionic Commando will be making a return to current-gen consoles and also the PC. Now, being a huge fan of the classic version of the game, I can't help but get excited... but after seeing how many popular 2D to 3D conversions have gone awry in the past... I am not going to get my hopes up. Still, it's great to see old series revived for the new generation of consoles (and gamers).

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
bionic_commando_return_101607.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
The robotic revamp, cleverly dubbed "Bionic Commando," follows one Nathan Spencer as he runs from the law (he was framed!) through a ruined city (badds terrorists blew it up!). His only companion? The trusty grappling arm, perfect for swinging across gaps, hurling objects, rappelling down buildings and rudely reaching across the table for the salt.

Source: Joystiq

GameMasterNick

Coastermaker
I liked the way that Ocarina of Time used the Hookshot, and I'd expect the Bionic grappler will be similar. Hoping that's the case, because it is one of my favorite childhood games! Very happy that it's on the PC.