Banjo Kazooie 3 coming late 2008

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
In addition to chatting about Alan Wake and the Marvel MMO cancellation, Microsoft Games Studio head Shane Kim revealed to MTV's Stephen Totilo at last week's DICE summit that Rare's Banjo Kazooie 3 is slated for a 2008 release. Said Kim, "I'm super-excited about what they're doing with Banjo' I think Banjo is going to be a big hit for us this holiday."

Oh yeah! I was a huge fan of Banjo Kazooie back in the day, so I hope this game isn't going to suffer the same fate that so many other classics have.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/11/banjo-kazooie-3-coming-late-2008/

I'm still waiting for a proper follow-up to Donkey Kong 64 though... that game was pure gold.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Id rather have a 3d dr mario game...

Yes... 3d. On the wii you have a d pad and a joystick. Any questions?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Hah, that might not be bad to be honest. I'd still pay a lot of cash just to have a new DK game though. I don't get why there hasn't been one. Donkey Kong Country's were -amazing-, and DK64 was amazing as well. Then... nothing at all since then.

Come on Rare, dammit.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
I swear sometimes if they would sit me in a room with the right people I would end world hunger, improve the economy, reduce greenhouse gases, and produce games that EVERYONE liked.

Its fun to dream. -The Boondocks, MLK episode.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Whew, teaser site finally launched:

http://banjo-kazooie.com/

I can't view it though, since I don't have SilverLight in Linux, but I am excited regardless. I cannot wait to learn more about this game, and am REALLY hoping Microsoft is not going to screw it up.

you guys know that the original team that worked on BK1 are the ones developing the game? So while there will be a graphical over haul, The game will be a relic of the past and hold true to what the series has done for the N64.

So I hope lol =)