AsusTek Eee Available In a Few Weeks

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
It looks like AsusTek's Eee PC will be hitting online retailers and B&M stores within the next month. In bulk quantities, the Eee will be sold for $199 each, so the cost to consumers should hover around $249, but could be higher or lower depending on demand. Of course, that can be taken two ways. In the end, it will depend on competition, mostly.

Though the Eee's specs are far from drool-worthy, it's purpose is what makes this a brilliant machine. I know of people who are gearing up to purchase one as soon as they become available. It's a great machine for kids and a great machine for those who just want something simple to mess around with. I have a good feeling AsusTek is going to do well with these... and I'm sure I'm not alone in that thinking.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
asus_eee_newegg_101607.jpg
</td></tr></tbody></table>
According to Reuters, the Eee PC will be priced from $199 for its bulk customers. Asustek's Eee PC will be available at brick-and-mortar stores like Best Buy and online retailers like Newegg within the next few weeks. The UMPC will later make an appearance in Europe. "If we can sell a couple million [Eee PCs], we'll be confident," remarked Jonathan Tsang, Asustek's president of sales and marketing.

Source: DailyTech