ASUS Releases Ultra-Silent EN9600GT

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
If you've read either of our two 9600 GT reviews so far, you'd know that it's an absolutely stellar GPU for the price point. It's no 8800 GT, but it sure comes close, and that's without even taking overclocking into consideration. Neither card we have here is overly loud, but ASUS is making sure HTPC and silence-freaks are taken care of with their new EN9600GT Silent.

With the help of their V-Cool heatsink, the EN9600GT Silent is dead silent, which will have it's obvious benefits. What's better though, is the fact that ASUS boasts better temperatures over reference 9600 GT coolers... up to 10°C cooler. Dead silent and manages to keep cooler. Hard to go wrong there.

We'll have a review of this GPU next week, so stay tuned.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
asus_silent_9600gt_041608.jpg

</td></tr></tbody></table>
The V-Cool Heatsink’s design stands as a testament to ASUS' commitment to both form and function. Sporting the unique V-Engine concept, the V-fins dissipate heat evenly with a minimum of space required; while the high-density zipper array fin module utilizes the Intercooler technology to maximize the surface area exposed to the air to help heat dissipation.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Man, what a set of fins it has.
must be packed with NOS..lol

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Due to being so swamped with CPU and motherboard benchmarking, I've been unable to tear this one out of the box, but I should have a review next week.

I admit I can't wait. I love the 9600 GT... it's such a great card for the price point. Then we have one that's completely silent? For a $5 - $10 premium? Sounds like a true winner to me.

Definitely a sweet looking video card.
I'd love to know if it's actually true that it's cooler than the reference 9600GT

I'll be checking that out. The Gigabyte 9600 GT I have here uses a reference cooler, so I'll use that for comparison.