ASUS PG221 22-inch Wide-Screen

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Smaller displays don't need to lack features, and ASUS proves this with their PG221 22-inch wide-screen. It boasts such specs as 2ms GTG, 2000:1 and stellar design. Where its unique though, is with it's large subwoofer. Yes, we said subwoofer! Do the features make up for it's higher price?

You can read the full review here and discuss it in this thread!

MacMan

Partition Master
Thanks!

Smaller displays don't need to lack features, and ASUS proves this with their PG221 22-inch wide-screen. It boasts such specs as 2ms GTG, 2000:1 and stellar design. Where its unique though, is with it's large subwoofer. Yes, we said subwoofer! Do the features make up for it's higher price?

You can read the full review here and discuss it in this thread!

Since I many be adding a new monitor soon, this is one sweet setup that I will definitely consider buying.

Thanks!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
While I recommend this display for those who are trying to conserve space (or those who simply love a great-looking product), I'd quicker recommend an alternative for everyone else. 24-inch screens are going down in price rapidly, and 1920x1200 is a definite sweet-spot. You could pick one of those up and with the money saved, pick up a stellar 2.1 speaker set for under $100. Of course, this assumes there is ample room on the computer desk.

I just have a hard time wholeheartedly recommending this display due to it's price. I'd much rather have more desktop space (1920x1200 opens up about 600K more pixels) than a smaller one with built-in speakers. I guess it all comes down to what you are specifically looking for, though.