ASUS P7P55D Pro

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
On the lookout for a P55 motherboard to match that shiny new Lynnfield CPU? Given the sheer selection available, deciding on one can be a hassle. ASUS' P7P55D Pro looks to appeal to a large crowd, though, by offering a slew of useful options, impressive overclocking abilities and a great design for an easy-to-stomach $170.

You can read our full review here and discuss it here!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
the Asus overclocking tool was really cool!!
u really just sat back and it did the magic to 3.88Ghz, no going to the bios and tweaking voltages etc?!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
The ASUS overclocking tool is even cooler to see in person, trust me. I almost wish I could have recorded a quick video of it, because it's easily one of the coolest-looking apps I've used in a while.

And yes, that 3.88GHz overclock was accomplished with little effort. I just selected the "Extreme Tuning" option, and it automatically overclocked it 33%. I have a feeling that's what it does in general, and after a reboot, it will deem it stable or not.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Hmm i checked my local store and they have the ASUS P7P55D..no Pro.. I'll definitley have my eye on an Asus motherboard for my next upgrade to a quad or a hexa core..........

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Well, the Pro isn't the only P7P55D board I'd recommend. It all depends on your budget, really. The non-Pro version is still a great board. After a point, you're just paying for more connectivity or other "bling" features.