ASUS Blitz Extreme & Formula Motherboards

U

Unregistered

I'm very interested in pairing this board with one of the new Intel Q9450 45nm chips. Has anyone got any overclocking results using a Maximus Formula SE with one of the quad-core chips? It would be good to know how far the Q6600/6700 and Q9300/Q9450 chips go on a board like this.

Would I be naive in thinking that a putting this with a Q9450 and 2x HD3750X2's in Crossfire would be one of the best gaming rig setups you could have at present?

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
There is a big difference between the Blitz Formula and the Maximus Formula, the biggest of which is the chipset.

There is zero reason to get a Blitz now that the Maximus line is out there, which comes with a much better Crossfire capable X38. Of course ASUS offers the Rampage Formula now which is the current motherboard that uses the X48 chipset, but it costs slightly more than the Maximus Formula.

Your money would be better spent on a better CPU instead of Quad Crossfire or Quad SLI. Two cards are the sweet spot just now... a pair of 512mb 8800GTS (G92) cards in SLI (with about a 700Mhz core clock) are what I would recommend.