Apple Unveils iPhone 5; Sports 4-inch Retina Display, LTE, A6 CPU

Discussion in 'Mobile & Small Form-Factor Computing' started by Rob Williams, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Rob Williams

Rob Williams Editor-in-Chief Staff Member Moderator

Jan 12, 2005
    Atlantic Canada
    At a special launch event held in San Francisco today, Apple unveiled the much-anticipated iPhone 5. One thing this launch proves unlike most of the others is that Apple is having a rougher time keeping details under wraps, because with official specs in-hand, we can see that many of the rumors we've read so far have been true.

[​IMG]

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

2. MacMan

MacMan Partition Master

Mar 14, 2007
    Canada
    I agree with virtually everything you stated. Even though it's not perfect, it might just be the first cell phone, besides the Galaxy S III, that tempts me. I'm out of town, but when I get back I might just look into buying one of these things. As much as I like the Samsung, it's just a tad-bit too big, and 4-inches seems just about right. I've been out of town for more than a week, and have a week to go, and am supposed to go to Lake Placid, NY, and Halifax and PEI soon, so I'm not quite sure when I'll find the time.

3. Greg King

Greg King I just kinda show up... Staff Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Indiana
    I am pre-ordering this tomorrow. 32GB, AT&T and black. I am only doing so because I am up for renewal on my contract and I want LTE when I tether. Aside from that, I could care less. It's pretty, but they have all been pretty at launch. I don't care for the added heigth and the resolution isn't anything special. I do like the new connector (though it renders all other obsolete) and I cannot wait for iOS 6. It's not as impressive as I had hoped but it's an iPhone. My sweet beloved iPhone.

4. Rob Williams

Rob Williams Editor-in-Chief Staff Member Moderator

Jan 12, 2005
    Atlantic Canada
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rdIWKytq_q4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rdIWKytq_q4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>​

Caught this and can't help but post it here.

5. Greg King

Greg King I just kinda show up... Staff Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Indiana

I laughed.

6. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Tech Monkey

Apr 9, 2010
    LOL, nice video.... shows that iPhone people cant even tell the difference between models. >.>