Apple Launches iPhone 4S; Introduces Siri Voice Recognition

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
As expected, Apple has today announced the latest addition to its iPhone line-up, the 4S. You'll note that it's not called the '4G', and that's for a reason. With this release, there's no 4G or LTE support... so for those who were holding out for that, you'll have to wait until the iPhone 5 launches (if it's even included then). Though lacking in that area, the 4S does bring a couple of noteworthy features.

iphone_4s_100411.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Psi*

Tech Monkey
hahahaha ... so I have a Windows 7 phone with the latest, as of last week, major upgrade. I just tried via Bing the voice request, "I'm hungry in Southport" ... just "I'm hungry returned with the typical blase finds that had "I'm hungry ..." in the name ... for various restaurants all over the globe.

Anyway, "I'm hungry in Southport" did return with 1 local restaurant. The very next choice was "I'm Hungry for some PUssy Right Now" LOL The next choice are restaurants of some kind but scattered around the US in locations that had "Southport" in the name.

I am so not married to any technology & have been considering an Apple something.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
4S = stock drop.

Good thing they rallied late to finish only .6% lower because they were down 3.6% at the lowest.

Psi*

Tech Monkey
Samsung Galaxy SII FTW!!
My son just got that for his birthday which was Sunday! Unfortunately he got appendicitis today before he could tell me much about it. This is true. He is in the hospital & everything is under control ... I hope.:( He is a 1000 miles away.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Happy thoughts and best wishes for a speedy recovery for your boy, Psi! I'm sure he'll be ready to talk your ear off about his new toy once he recoups a bit.

Psi*

Tech Monkey
Happy thoughts and best wishes for a speedy recovery for your boy, Psi! I'm sure he'll be ready to talk your ear off about his new toy once he recoups a bit.
He is ok. Interestingly he got appendicitis from the piece of appendix left over from a prior surgery 1 1/2 years ago. Antibiotics worked so surgery not needed.

Anyway, I tried to get him to run sunspider while he was confined. Didn't, maybe in the next day or so we will get a comment about battery life.