Anyone paying attention to E3?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Seeing as how E3 is now an invite-only event, I seem to have been ignoring it for the most part this year, although there are a slew of games I cannot wait to come out:

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Project Gotham Racing 4
NFS: Pro Street (Much <3 for NFS series)
Gran Turismo 5
Wipeout (It's back!)
Turok (Looks -ok-, but I loved the original)
Burnout Paradise (Upgraded gameplay but awesome graphics)
Contra 4 (DS game, but it looks to stick to old school gameplay)

I know I am missing a few, but these games have me the most pumped. Anyone else excited for any upcoming titles?

ccdarkness

Obliviot
i looked at some upcoming games titles ... just was reading my daily amount of news :D
saw MOH, some racing games...i'm waiting Assassins creed to be released...Splinter Cell..NFS Pro Street...

Last edited:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
No.

I hate to admit it but unless it has anything to do with hardware, I could care less at this point. I still enjoy gaming but I suppose, as I get older, there is less and less time for sitting down for a gaming session longer than an hour or so. I am excited for the new Halo, very excited now that Microsoft extended the warranties of the 360s so I can get mine fixed, but other than that, there aren't a lot of games I am excited for. Perhaps a decent DX10 game like Crysis.

But hey... perhaps Duke Nukem might come out in '08?!!???!?!?

GeekGirl

Obliviot
I attended the last real E3 in 2006, and have to admit it was a travesty. Even Las Vegas isn't that tacky, and I used to live there.

That being said, I've heard nothing but negative comments about the current E3 as being disorganized, depressing and disappointing (alliteration aside). It went from a 'how big can we show up everyone else's booth' to 'we're pretending to be streamlined, but really we blew this years E3 budget last year too'.

It will take a few years for them to find their stride again, and hopefully they will learn from their past mistakes (not holding breath on that one) but for now, it's going to suck. And do we even really need this kind of event to announce games we already knew were coming?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
And do we even really need this kind of event to announce games we already knew were coming?

That's true, but that's what I like about E3... we learn more about games we are amped up for. Either way, I see nothing but complaints about this past E3... the crew behind it really know how to kill a good thing

madstork91

The One, The Only...
so um... PAX?

[/end PA plug since that asshole never responded to a question about my projector problems with the wii and how he fixed his.)

A hole.