Anyone ever have this issue with Origin?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Prior to launch (today), I had Crysis 3 pre-ordered on Origin. For some reason, I wasn't able to pre-load it like I thought I should have been able to. I figured that at launch things would correct themselves and I'd be able to install the game. However, that didn't happen.

Has anyone ever had that particular problem? I posted on Facebook and it seems I'm not alone. Someone else had to call EA just to get it settled. If this is common, it's a little appalling.

crysis3.png

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Weeeee more proof that for single player pirated players are way better off. Crysis 3 has been up on TBP forever. Not that I care, sorry but screw crysis. The first wasn't good, I mean graphics were good but the game itself not so much. Also why the hell is crysis 3 setup so only a titan can run it maxed? Someone stated it was a AMD title, if so then really why the hell can a 7970 not max it and be playable.

marfig

No ROM battery
Don't ever pay attention to the GPU logo on ANY game.

Anyways, you can run run Crysis 3 just fine on max settings, depending on your screen resolution, on any decent card. The Titan is said to be only necessary for 5k resolutions (3 screens) and only to break the 30 FPS barrier. The game is reported to run just fine on 5k resolutions with 2x 680/690/7970. It's just that the FPS will be around 30. I believe Tom's Hardware has done already a Crysis 3 benchmark (only thing they are good for these days).

As an example, I run at 1440x900. My GTX 560 Ti (a 2 year old card and not a 500 series top of the line) can handle anything I throw at it and still have room to spare. From my 2 year old experience with this card, I'd say it could handle Crysis 3 at max settings on my resolution at around 40-50 FPS. And that's probably me being conservative. The matter of fact is that I have yet to play a game with it where my FPS isn't above 60.

EDIT:
No, they haven't yet benchmarked Crysis 3. Probably they are holding on to it until the embargo from NVIDIA is lifted in a couple of days. They may want to benchmark the game with Titan figures already. So you may see it in a separate article or in the Titan article, when it comes out. Meanwhile check Guru3D or Overclocker.net. They are bound to have something.

Last edited:

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Hey everyone.

So I just launched Crysis 3 today after updating my drivers. I went through the training room and got regular fps at max settings, but once I started the first level, 5-10 fps.

I have a 3770K @ 4.5ghz and a Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 3GB Ghz Edition @ 1150mhz core clock & 1550mhz mem clock with 16GB of DDR3 1600mhz ram. This can't be normal. Is anyone else suffering from ridiculously low fps on Crysis 3?

Thanks.

EDIT: Installed the 13.2 beta amd drivers for CCC. Now Crysis 3 goes up to 20fps! hooray -.-

He is running 1920x1080. He also disabled his second monitor for gaming. That said, I have seen screenies of Crysis 3. This guy too the details to low and left the textures on high and the game looked the same but gave a frame rate of something over double what he got with it fully maxed but it didn't look any different.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Alright, so I haven't looked at any performance numbers, but I've heard that AMD is supposed to run the game better than NVIDIA (and for what it's worth, it's AMD's logo we when we start the game, not NVIDIA's). I am swamped here at the moment, else I'd do some quick testing.

DarkStarr

Tech Monkey
Dunno exactly what driver he was running since in the test they used 13.2b6 and he only stated 13.2. The b6 may be much much better. Even so the game from the reviews runs on the Nvidia chips better.