Androidforums.com hacked

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I am not sure who here might have belonged to this forum, but given that there were over 1m users, there's definitely a chance. From Slashdot:

"Phandroid's AndroidForums.com has been hacked. The database that powers the site was compromised and more than one million user account details were stolen. If you use the forum, make sure to change your password ASAP. From the article: 'Phandroid has revealed that its Android Forums website was hacked this week using a known exploit. The data that was accessed includes usernames, e-mail addresses, hashed passwords, registration IP addresses, and other less-critical forum-related information. At the time of writing, the forum listed 1,034,235 members.'

http://news.slashdot.org/story/12/0...rums-hacked-1-million-user-credentials-stolen

If there a forum that isn't the target of being hacked? Damn.

Psi*

Tech Monkey
I might have been, but I make sure that my passwords are all unique. A PITA , but that is life. They might not need to be unique for forums ... what is someone going to do? Randomly try logging in to various forums & post stuff as me to get me banned? Definitely never use the same password on *any* forum for something like paypal or the like.