Altec Lansing AHS602i Gaming Headset

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If you are a gamer that uses a headset, you know that it has to be high quality in order to be ahead of the game. You want to know which direction enemies are in, and you want it to sound like you are in the game. We are taking a look at the Altec Lansing AHS602i gamers headset, which includes many features that may appeal to the hardcore gamer.

srs_gamingheadset_logo.gif

First read through the review here, and then post your comments, questions or suggestions in this thread!

Bobbythecat

E.M.I.
I wonder why the headset isn't powered via USB. I've had numerous trips over the Pacific from college in Ohio to my home in Tokyo with a headphone that had noise cancelling powered by batteries. Yeah, after a while, I had to become creative with the modual that controlled the sound and noise cancelling because it was heavy, and eventually head my neck to complain. Fortunately, my MD player and the modual fit into my front jacket pocket, so I had no issues afterwards. But when I don't have a front pocket, that modual was a pain.
I wonder if this Altec headset has a clipping device to stick onto a shirt or something.

Alright, back to my law studying..!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Law? Haha, you are a smart cat.

It's not USB, because straight audio jacks tend to sound much better.

Bobbythecat

E.M.I.
Yeah, I know that...it's just that my headset has the audio jacks and usb, where the usb is the power source for the bass/viration function...if that is in fact a real function! heh..

Ok, back to landlord & tenancy law..

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oh..

I guess that makes sense, if you want to plug your headset into the audio jacks and the USB plug is right beside it. Does it even give an option for a battery instead though?

Bobbythecat

E.M.I.
Unfortunately, it is not a portable headset...unless one's decked out MP3/CD player has a USB port. So no, this thing doesn't have the battery option. I suppose the designers did not have portability in mind!

U

Unregistered

The High/Low/Mute option is for speaking into the microphone.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Unregistered said:
The High/Low/Mute option is for speaking into the microphone.

:-|

Oh... thanks for the clarification! I will fix that in the review shortly. Yes, I feel stupid. :)