Alienware m15x/m17x Official - Includes NVIDIA 8800M and Intel Extreme CPUs

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
The rumors can finally end, because both the m15x and m17x are now officially official. As we posted earlier today, NVIDIA have just announced their 8800M GTS and GTX cards, which Alienware has already thrown into these notebooks. Pricing is not known, but for those who want to be kept notified, you can hand over your e-mail address to Alienware and they will hook you up with that info once it's found.

Aside from the killer graphic cards, the new notebooks feature Intel Extreme processors, 667MHz DDR2 (is mobile RAM ever going to speed up?) and support for at least two hard-drives, which can be used separately or in RAID 1 or 2. The m17x supports room for three, which makes sense because that model is also targeted towards content creators, not only gamers. If there is one thing that's certain... it's that these machines look amazing.

<table align="center"><tbody><tr><td>
alienware_m17x_112007.jpg

Source: Alienware</td></tr></tbody></table>
The most advanced notebook Alienware has engineered to date, the Area-51 m17x was designed for the serious computer enthusiast. Content creators render out 3D models, edit digital video and audio and encode music all in a real-time environment. Hardcore gamers can rip through the latest DirectX 10 games in full 1080p quality.

Source: Alienware m15x/m17x Product Page

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Some of you may already know that one day I will be purchasing a tablet pc. (I WANT ONE MORE THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE!) That aside, I usually have little to no interest in mobile computing aside from maybe my NDS :).

If I could get one without the alien on top, wow. This would have to be up there as my laptop of choice. I hope that it isn't too astronomical in price.

Before comments on the alien head comment, I like alienware. As this is a laptop though, I would be taking this to professional places. An alien head in a room of 40-60 year olds? o.0 Not too professional. And no, most of them would prob not know alienware as a company.