Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 - A Photographer's Review

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
To produce top-rate photos, more is needed than just a camera and lens. You need tailored software that's designed for post-processing raw camera images, and no, not Photoshop. Rather, Photoshop Lightroom, software that gives you utmost control over your photos. We're taking a look at the recently released version 3.

Read Brett's in-depth look of Lightroom 3 and its usage, and then discuss it here!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Thanks for such a detailed look at Lightroom, Brett. I've been using the program on and off for a while, and have obviously been benchmarking with it ever since the original version, but I've never taken it too seriously, or delved in to far. Reading your look on things clears some things up for me though, and inspires me a bit to go out and take some more photos, haha.

On a side note, I had no idea Bibble was for Linux, I have got to check that out...

Brett Thomas

Senior Editor
I'm glad to do it - workflow is one of these things that is often overlooked as part of photography, and it's VERY important to manage in order to keep yourself doing what you love in the hobby. Whether it's the post process or shooting, very few people go "I can't wait to organize and sort and jump through 15 hoops to get my images to anywhere I can do something useful with them!"

As for bibble, it's an interesting animal - I'm going to see about what I can hear from the devs on some issues I've had with it, but I'm certainly very curious to take a deeper look.