Adobe Patches Security Hole in Product that Shouldn't Exist

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
This past December, a report was released that showed both Adobe's software and Mozilla's Firefox to be the buggiest software on the planet, where found vulnerabilities are concerned. There's little reason to look down upon Firefox, though, as it's patched on a regular basis, so it's not as though the security holes are left to linger once they're known about. As for Adobe software, it's hard to tell.

adobe_download_manager_022310.png

You can read the rest of our news post here.

crowTrobot

E.M.I.
That's why I use an alternative PDF reader to Adobe's. What they have is bloated, slow and that damn download manager keeps on popping up.

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
Foxit reader to the rescue... to some extent, can't replace adobe Acrobat, but most people don't need that level of functionality anyway. But i do have to agree, the purpose of the download manager is kind of daft, it's yet another app to download and as we see here, adds more security vulnerabilities to an already shady software suit.... Next they'll releases a download manager for the update manager...

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
That download manager is annoying, I had to remove it from my system after I downloaded some program from them recently.

Tharic is spot on, I also use Foxitreader. The program even integrates into Opera/Firefox rather well if you want it to.