AcoustiProducts AcoustiCase 340

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
If you're not into silent PCs, then the AcoustiCase 340 probably isn't for you. If that comment piques your interest, read on and find out why this case is a good choice for those who have the goal of reducing the noise output of their PC. We put it to the test, both thermally and sonically.

You can read Rory's full review here and discuss it here!

U

Unregistered

fan speed

There are lots of easy 7V fan mods out there if you think that the stock fan is running too fast or too loud. It's a 30 second mod, works like a charm, and saves you the 20 bucks from a fan controller, might want to try that on the stock fan and see how the sound fares?

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
Thanks for writing. I'm already aware of the 5V and 7V mods for slowing down case fans. I actually use an MCubed TBalancer BigNG in my main rig, which is a microprocessor-controlled, software-programmable fan control unit. In my last machine, I ran three 80mm Panaflo low-speed fans at 5 volts by tapping into the PSU's 5v rail. In an upcoming article, I'll be tackling the subject of PC silencing in a much broader way, covering the reason for silencing, the most common PC noise culprits, silent component suggestions, and additional tricks like the 5V and 7V mods. I personally recommend using a fan controller like the Zalman Fan Mate 1 if you can afford one (they're cheap), since it's a more 'elegant' solution than re-wiring the power connector. In addition, if you've got a three pin fan (like the AcoustiFan), a fan controller doesn't require you to cannibalize a 4-pin power connector from another device.

Last edited: