Acer CEO Issues 'Think Twice' Warning to Microsoft Regarding Surface

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
When Microsoft first announced its Surface tablet, which would be one of the rare hardware products to come out of Redmond with a Microsoft brand-name on it, many questioned how the move would affect the company's relationships with other vendors - namely those which have supported the company's operating system and software for many years. Even Microsoft itself admitted there might be some hostility, but clearly, the folks there wanted to show the others how it's done.

jt_wang_acer_080712.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

madmat

Soup Nazi
JT Wang? Any chance his first name is Jack?

Sorry, I digress. Acer and any of its competition that act butthurt over this need to realize that M$ is doing what they seem incapable of doing. Offering something new, fresh and innovative. When I say new and fresh, new and fresh for the windows camp. Old hat if you like your products to come from a source a bit further south.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Hah. According to Wikipedia his name is Zhentang, which would sound like "Jentang" when spoken in English. It's no wonder he doesn't want to be known as Jen...

And I tend to agree with your thinking. I still think MS will end up canning Surface within a year and let the others have at it.

madmat

Soup Nazi
I figure it'll last until they hit the break even point and recover their R&D costs back. Then, yeah, I figure it'll end up rolling out the doors of someplace like Acer or ASUS.