A Nice upgrade from Corsair

slugbug

Coastermaker
I recently rma'd a Corsair TWINX1024-4000 kit which failed a memtest run with quite a few errors. I called today to check on my rma status and was told that unfortunately that ram was no longer available, but there were a few others I could choose from. I was offered a TWINX2048-3200C2PRO kit as a replacement, which I gladly accepted. They even offered to overnight ship it to me when their stock arrives next week.
I'll have to wait another week, but I'll get back 2 gigs of ram in place of the 1 gig I sent in. :)

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Very nice!

I had some OCZ that did that, and Gigabyte did that for me on a 6800GT video card that they no longer made, so they subed a 7800GT.

Sometimes it is good when an older part breaks.... ;)

not always though!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Good deal for you. Congrats. Companies are known to do these kinds of things at times. I RMA'd a ATI 9800 Pro 128MB and got back a 9800 XT 256MB. That was a plesant surprise. I recently RMA'd a 7800 GT to eVGA and received a 7800 GTX.

I have no doubt you will use that extra gig well! :p

slugbug

Coastermaker
I received a package from Corsair today. Strange since I wasn't expecting it 'til next week. Someone goofed and sent me 1GB instead of the 2GB kit agreed upon. Waiting for a call back to sort this out.

Edit: They said they're sending me another 1GB kit, so I'll have 2GB total with flashy LEDs :)

Last edited:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
So you will have 2 sets of 2GB kits? Not a bad day at the office. To bad there was the mix up.

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
Nope... I think he will have 2 sets of 1GB, so now all 4 banks will be filled with LED lit goodness, 512MB in each slot, (though that will screw with the memory overclocking if he was planning on that, as it is more difficult to do over 4 DIMM's...)

Still cool none the less!