90 degrees F here!!!!

Psi*

Tech Monkey
WTF!? I am sweating my butt off in the office. I refuse to tun on air conditioning.

I am running a project that is pushing 8 threads on the i7 920 tho ... we will see if it crashes. :eek:

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
27C here, the hotter side of warm, enough to be making my Servers stock cooler Whine like it's 100C, even though it's only 40C.... curses upon Flash for snapping my CPU out of idle...

Don't worry, it won't crash, it'll make annoying 'warning' beeps and throttle itself to that of a Celeron before it calls it quits.

Psi*

Tech Monkey
I use SpeedFan & noticed that there are spikes that shoot up to 80C with the temps mostly in the low 70s. The program is doing an iteration with the spikes at the beginning of each step ... then there is a period of number crunch ... so this matches with the thermal log.

And ... no crash:)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
90°F! I love that kind of weather, but only if I'm actually out in it. It's a relative hell if you are indoors with no A/C, haha. It's not close to being that warm up here... 55°F at the moment. No qualm about it though... it's nice and comfortable.