65nm Celeron hits 21s SuperPi 1Mill

liqnit

E.M.I.
but still 1MB chach on celeron it is not so budget CPU the current have a lot less CACH memory and are very very weak CPU.
but if INTEL will price those with the Current celeron prices then this a eal killer.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
That's really impressive. I have to give Intel some credit now. As sad as that sounds. Then again.. I wonder what AMD will do on a 65nm process? ;)

werty316

Partition Master
I can't wait to see what AMD has up their sleeves. 65mn chips are suppose to begin shipping out 2nd half of this year so most likely the AM2 will be 65nm, why else would they be producing 65nm wafers?

Last edited:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
AMD has said time and time again that we will all see significant arcitecture chages in 2007. We are just suppost to be content with M2 and DDR2 for the '06...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
liqnit said:
i didn't see any AMD 65nm plans or do i miss somthing?
is the new AM2 65nm tech?

No, AM2 will still be 90nm, but tweaked to be more efficient than previous CPU's based on the process.

Ben

Site Developer
I'll wait for the real processors to be made before making any final judgements. News like this yesterday only makes room for suspicion.

Tech-Daddy

Tech Monkey
agreed Orbit....

My gripe with INtel is their use of cache to make up for poor architecture.

I hope they resolve it in this next release... but if the same pointy hats are still calling the shots... I weep for the next round from Intel.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Orbit said:
I'll wait for the real processors to be made before making any final judgements. News like this yesterday only makes room for suspicion.

Yeah, it's sad that stuff happens. Going from 471MHz to 421MHz is not a small deal.

Edit: It looks like the CPU was the culprit here, so they need to redo those tests. Maybe GeIL is not at fault as they led everyone to believe.

Last edited: