4GB DDR2 for $76!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It's even 2GB modules... $150 to give yourself 8GB of RAM. That's spectacular.

I think now is the time to buy, before prices go back up. I can't see them getting much cheaper.

Krazy K

Partition Master
Yea, I'd sit down and order some but I bought that package 2 months ago at $115 and I don't think I'll be done kicking myself anytime soon, but hey, I got a $10 rebate...somewhere in the mail...well I'll probably never get it. Might as well win here!

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Yea, I'd sit down and order some but I bought that package 2 months ago at $115 and I don't think I'll be done kicking myself anytime soon, but hey, I got a $10 rebate...somewhere in the mail...well I'll probably never get it. Might as well win here!
Yeah, I just paid 117.xx for the same thing.....Duuh

I'm telling you, look at what I buy and pay for and the price will drop right out ....in one week.

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Krazy K

Partition Master
Someone please tell me that this, and this are not the same. Please oh please.

That first link isn't working I'd fix it but I'm out the door. Look under the daily deals or whatever its called. Instead of being $76 its now $26. Rebate FTW!

OK, the $76 is TWIN2X4096-6400C5 5-5-5-18 cas 5 and the $26 is TWIN2X2048-6400C4 4-4-4-12 cas 4.

Last edited:

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
One is a 4GB kit, the other is 2GB kit.

6400 is CAS 5, 6400c4 is CAS 4, and 6400c5 is a different (not as good) mem chip rated at 5-5-5-18.

The 6400 and 6400c4 are identical, I've overclocked both kits to 1,000MHz using stock voltage (2.1v)

Krazy K

Partition Master
Yup, I figured that out once I looked at the product numbers. No point in me getting any more mem since Xp can't see it all anyway. I have a thread asking about Xp 64 and Vista 64. And it looks like I've got enough feedback.