3.5 @ 437.7

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
That's about it...... anything above that and the ole BSOD and a dump
Funny thing, my computer battery backup system started beeping while running 3DMARK06. ( APS )
:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Last edited:

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
APS... or APC? ;)

I was never sure what the beeping meant when the same thing occured with my system and the APC UPS I use.

An overload warning is given with a single steady tone... just beeping either means the battery is being used or something else... I didn't take it to mean anything good however, so I quit doing that. ;)

Is that setting Prime95 stable? I don't give much credit to Everest's stability checker, but then again I know the least about it. I looked at it, but I believe Prime95 is more sensitive to detecting errors.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
APS... or APC? ;)

I was never sure what the beeping meant when the same thing occured with my system and the APC UPS I use.

An overload warning is given with a single steady tone... just beeping either means the battery is being used or something else... I didn't take it to mean anything good however, so I quit doing that. ;)

Is that setting Prime95 stable? I don't give much credit to Everest's stability checker, but then again I know the least about it. I looked at it, but I believe Prime95 is more sensitive to detecting errors.
Yup, stable...... I had to bump the volts 1.4 to 1.47 to get it steady, thats when the battery backup started beeping while 3DMARK05 was running with tests.
I guess under full load it draws too much amps from the back up battery

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
1.47v on the CPU? That seems a bit high, but reasonable if cooling is sufficient. What's your northbridge voltage at?

Glad to see someone finally got a hold of a Q9450 ;)

Krazy K

Partition Master

Prime95 is the best way to check stability? I just wait until it crashes and if it doesn't for a week, then I move it up again.

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
Actually that shows up as Chinese or Japanese characters, I don't remember how to distinguish them apart. But yes it is more spam.

If you use "crashes" to determine if the system is stable, who knows how many errors, corrupted files, and other problems you are making as the OS calculates 2+2=5 and writes 5 to the HDD instead of 4. Just because the system boots windows and doesn't crash doesn't mean it is remotely stable.