2.1 speaker set

the deadman

Obliviot
i'm planning to buy a new 2.1 speaker set for my PC.my budget is around 30-50$.i want something in logitech or altec lansing which has good sound quality.kindly help me to choose the right ones.

madmat

Soup Nazi
For that budget the X-230 Logitech's are about the best you'll find. You could step it up to around $70 and get the Z-4 2.1 set with a bit more power and better sound.

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
I agree - your budget seems a bit restrictive (as in it will 'restrict' you to what's on the shelf at wal-mart).

The real magic in the 2.1 category doesn't begin to happen until you go above $100. At that point, you can get into a set of Altec Lansing's FX4021 speakers. While they tend to have some trouble at the loudest volumes (typical of small speakers), they feature a very 'clean', 'deep'-sounding subwoofer that uses a pair of 5.25" woofers in an "isobaric" clamshell configuration that doubles the force that can be applied to the piston area, making very deep bass possible from the little cube.

At the $150 mark, I've been very happy with my Cambridge Soundworks "Microworks II" 2.1 set. It goes beyond most PC speaker sets to provide a very 'hi-fi' sound, more characteristic of a home stereo than a set of PC speakers.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
They are hard to find, but the Edifier S2.1D's make insane amounts of magic for $75-80. In fact, the entire edifier line dollar for dollar makes Logitech sound like toys. My S2.1D's get seriously loud and are seriously clear as well. I also have Logitech Z-680's to somewhat compare them to. Of course the Logitechs overwhelm the Edifiers at higher volumes, but I am still amazed as to how rich and full the Edifiers sound.

madmat

Soup Nazi
The nice thing about Logitech's are that once they go out of warranty Logitech will sell you a new set (whatever set you choose mind you) for 50% off. Insane!