Movies Thread!!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I have not watched a movie in so long :(

I did catch World War Z a couple of months ago though, and it was ALRIGHT. I am not familiar with the book at all, so nothing turned me off in that regard. I am just so damn tired of the zombie aspect of movies and games... it didn't hook me too much.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
I have not watched a movie in so long :(

I did catch World War Z a couple of months ago though, and it was ALRIGHT. I am not familiar with the book at all, so nothing turned me off in that regard. I am just so damn tired of the zombie aspect of movies and games... it didn't hook me too much.

Its really fun to go out with friends and watch movies at least once or twice a month! I would highly recommend Gravity, its something anyone would enjoy! :)

Oh no......

I have agreed with most everything you have posted, ever, but we part ways on this some of this one.

Oblivion... I thought it was a GREAT movie. Not a classic, but a great movie nonetheless. 8/10

World War Z... having read the book, this movie was nothing but a let down. They flirted with what the book had to say so many times, but then said to hell with it and did their own thing. I think the World War Z book would best be a multiple part mini-series....maybe something AME or HBO would pick up. 7/10

Pacific Rim... as soon as I saw Charlie Day, I knew it was an absurd movie. It was good, thoughtless, action, but ultimately left me disappointed. 6/10

That being out of the way, you and I are spot on when it comes to Man of Steel, Star Trek and Iron Man 3. My wife is a HUGE Iron Man fan and thought that the third installment was great... we have had many arguments over how shitty I thought it was :D

Hehe! Pacific Rim for me was just, freakin' awesome! :D I am a sucker for robots, lol!

Watched Get the Gringo! It was really good! :D 8/10

Well next up are Thor 2, Hunger Games 2 and Hobbit 2! Lol three 2's!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I've been on a huge pinball kick since Pinball Arcade came to the PC, so I've been watching some documentaries. The one I watched last was "Special When Lit", which came out in 2009. It kind of shows that most pinball fans are a bit peculiar, but they're certainly interesting. Some are so into pinball, that they own over 50 machines. It's crazy!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Is "Man Of Steel" worth watching?

If you're into some real mind blowing action, with a little story! Also this is a completely new take on Superman so its gonna be a hit or a miss foryou!

And IF you are into comic book heroes then you should watch it cause Man of Steel 2 will team Superman with Batman and Wonder Woman! :D

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Watched Thor 2, finally! 8/10!
biggrin.gif

Loki FTR(Realms!)
dance.gif

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
So... I didn't get to see Rush in theaters, but I'd like to see it now that it's been released at some point. It's no Thor, but it should be a good watch.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
So... I didn't get to see Rush in theaters, but I'd like to see it now that it's been released at some point. It's no Thor, but it should be a good watch.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie

Everyone I know who has watched it has said that it is one of the best movies to come out this year! :D

So definitely worth a watch..

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Everyone I know who has watched it has said that it is one of the best movies to come out this year! :D

So definitely worth a watch..

I'm a little surprised at that, but glad to hear it. I wish people had the same reaction to CBGB, because that's one I was really looking forward to.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
Desolation of Smaaaaaaaaaaaaauugg! Good watch, did not feel stretched, nice action and Smaug looks awesome! :D 7.5/10

Riddick! Much in line with the first one, Pitch Black, not as good though. 6/10

Man of Tai Chi! It was nice with cool action. Keanu is his usual self.. 6.5/10

This is the End! Hila-fucking-rious! Must watch if you be into crazzy funny stuff! All the actors playing them selves and making fun is awesome! 8.5/10

Last edited:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
So I ended up watching Pineapple Express, which someone told me I should do before watching This Is The End. I'll be watching that one soon. Pineapple Express was pretty much my type of movie, pretty hilarious.

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
You want awesome movies this year 2016, then try to watch:

Deadpool
Gods of Egypt
Suicide Squad
The jungle book
X men

You forgot Batman v Superman, Captain America Civil War! :D
Anyways,
Deadpool was a lot of fun, loved it! 9/10!
Batman V Superman, kind of disappointed at times but enjoyed it! The ULTIMATE Edition should have been the theatrical release as it made up for the sloppy editing of the theatrical! 8/10!

Captain America Civil War, Marvel can't go wrong it seems! Another awesome movie! 9.5/10!

X-Men Apocalypse was nice, not as good as the previous one though. 6/10! :eek: