z65 sli evga wrong bios

Jenosuke

Obliviot
So for some reason I decided to update my bios on my z68 sli evga motherboard.... now I can't get windows to load... i can reach the bios screen... i tried taking out the battery on the motherboard and clearing cmos... reflashing with a usb stick.... taking out piece of the computer.... and it just made it worst... Any ideas to what could be happening? I don't know what it is called but i switched from 1-2 pin to 2-3 and it ran windows fine... but after reflashing it the 2-3 pins won't load windows anymore... At least I know the mobo and battery are fine! Any suggest?

madmat

Soup Nazi
According to the manual there are three bios chips on that board with a switch to choose among them. I would suggest trying to switch to a different bios chip and see if it'll boot into windows on one of them.

Good luck!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
According to the manual there are three bios chips on that board with a switch to choose among them. I would suggest trying to switch to a different bios chip and see if it'll boot into windows on one of them.

Good luck!

Aye, this is the best advice. Though a bad BIOS flash is really rare nowadays. I'd also recommend maybe posting on EVGA's own forums since people there could have run into the same problem.