What to do with nearly 300+ 17" LCD monitors?

killem2

Coastermaker
At the company I work in the support center for, we have a severe over stock of 17 inch LCD monitors that are not being used, and we may have a glutton of 200 more that are going to be replaced with 2x 24 inch set up.

This department has been through a view managers, and is now under a new one and he's trying to get this department into some real organization and streamlined processes but there is a lot of clean up to do.

We USED to have a local place that took this stuff from us and used it to make pcs for people, but they stopped taking corporate donations.

We can't sell them, the accounting required for it, would be a night mare. Some of us, are just going to take some, but that's only a fraction. It would be a shame to just total them on the basis that we don't need them wasting space.

Thoughts?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Surely, there's some other place that can take corporate donations? What about the Salvation Army?

madmat

Soup Nazi
Put an ad on Craigslist in the free section and let people come get them. They'll be gone inside a week.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Put them all over your ceiling so you can multi-monitor game while in bed.

killem2

Coastermaker
Thanks guys, we actually found out, that the local place didn't stop taking corporate donations, it was an issue with the last time we did it, no one thought to give them a heads up that we were giving them 100+ monitors at one time.

This time we reached back out to them and they took them all off our hands :).

In cooler news, since we were clearing out old junk, I got an older core 2 duo desktop for my son, and I got a sweet TC4400 :).

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Thanks guys, we actually found out, that the local place didn't stop taking corporate donations, it was an issue with the last time we did it, no one thought to give them a heads up that we were giving them 100+ monitors at one time.

This time we reached back out to them and they took them all off our hands :).

In cooler news, since we were clearing out old junk, I got an older core 2 duo desktop for my son, and I got a sweet TC4400 :).

Glad to hear you were able to get rid of them. Would have hated to learn they were disposed of or something.