Apple Unveils iPhone 5; Sports 4-inch Retina Display, LTE, A6 CPU

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
At a special launch event held in San Francisco today, Apple unveiled the much-anticipated iPhone 5. One thing this launch proves unlike most of the others is that Apple is having a rougher time keeping details under wraps, because with official specs in-hand, we can see that many of the rumors we've read so far have been true.

iphone_5_engadget_091212.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

MacMan

Partition Master
At a special launch event held in San Francisco today, Apple unveiled the much-anticipated iPhone 5. One thing this launch proves unlike most of the others is that Apple is having a rougher time keeping details under wraps, because with official specs in-hand, we can see that many of the rumors we've read so far have been true.

iphone_5_engadget_091212.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

I agree with virtually everything you stated. Even though it's not perfect, it might just be the first cell phone, besides the Galaxy S III, that tempts me. I'm out of town, but when I get back I might just look into buying one of these things. As much as I like the Samsung, it's just a tad-bit too big, and 4-inches seems just about right. I've been out of town for more than a week, and have a week to go, and am supposed to go to Lake Placid, NY, and Halifax and PEI soon, so I'm not quite sure when I'll find the time.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
I am pre-ordering this tomorrow. 32GB, AT&T and black. I am only doing so because I am up for renewal on my contract and I want LTE when I tether. Aside from that, I could care less. It's pretty, but they have all been pretty at launch. I don't care for the added heigth and the resolution isn't anything special. I do like the new connector (though it renders all other obsolete) and I cannot wait for iOS 6. It's not as impressive as I had hoped but it's an iPhone. My sweet beloved iPhone.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rdIWKytq_q4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rdIWKytq_q4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>​

Caught this and can't help but post it here.