Dear Esther - A Gorgeous Story-Driven Game That Makes You Think

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
It goes without saying that independent developers are important to the gaming industry, with one of the biggest reasons being "innovation". Indie developers aren't quite so worried about trying something new, something odd, or something that might not even feel like a game. Take Dear Esther, for example, a "ghost story" game that's not touting cutting-edge gameplay, but rather a storyline to remember.

dear_esther_011812.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Heard from the developer that the game will be priced at $10. Sounds like a great way to spend an evening :D

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Even though the trailer doesn't show much other than some pretty bangin' environments I'm pretty interested. I liked the idea behind Myst but the puzzles melted my face and, as Rob knows I'm not much of a twitch gamer. Games like this are my thing.

I'm saddened by the fact that I sold my Sega Saturn and copies of Dragon Force and Lunacy.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I liked the idea behind Myst but the puzzles melted my face and, as Rob knows I'm not much of a twitch gamer. Games like this are my thing.

That's the odd thing about this game... it seems like there won't be much puzzle-solving at all, but rather just the piecing together of the story. It seems like a pretty mild game to play... not one that's going to stress you out. Can't wait to try it.