NVIDIA Shows Off PhysX in Batman: Arkham City

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
After its release in 2009, Batman: Arkham Asylum gained the reputation of being one of the best superhero games ever created (but to be fair, it shouldn't have been hard to pull off given most superhero games are not worth the packaging wrapped around them). The game not only had solid graphics and audio, but its gameplay matched, and overall, the experience was as immersive as we could hope any game to be.

batman_arkham_city_101811.jpg

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

MacMan

Partition Master
Holy Batman!, after viewing the trailer I have to agree, this thing is like totally awesome! Other than the occasional game of Bejeweld 3, or Solitaire, I don't care to play games at all, but I love to try this thing out myself just to relish in its totally awesome physics. Games surely have come a long way from the simple days of Pong and Pacman that's for sure!

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
Oh...I am so getting this. Even if I have to get some sort of mod to run an NVIDIA card for physx with my AMD card...I will get it. [/nerd]

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
Hmm...perhaps I should rethink my upgrade. :p

I know the reason why they chose to compare an 8800 and a 560 but that's like comparing apples to oranges unless there simply is no option to disable PhysX with the better card.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I know the reason why they chose to compare an 8800 and a 560 but that's like comparing apples to oranges unless there simply is no option to disable PhysX with the better card.

A PhysX comparison on both cards would have gone a long way, I think. Chances are that the PhysX effects on the 8800 GT / 9800 GT just isn't possible for performance's sake, but with no direct apples-to-apples comparison, it's hard to see the true differences.

The same thing applies to NVIDIA's releasing of the tessellated screenshot in the same article. Without a "before" shot, it makes it difficult to appreciate (in truth, it doesn't look that great to begin with).

Kayden

Tech Monkey
If any one is paying attention to steam it just went on sale there and if you all ready own Batman Arkham Asylum through steam you get 20% off!! I only paid $39.99 for this last night and I was on the fence about getting it but I decided to bite the bullet and get it.

The same thing applies to NVIDIA's releasing of the tessellated screenshot in the same article. Without a "before" shot, it makes it difficult to appreciate (in truth, it doesn't look that great to begin with).

I felt that way about DEHR and I agree with you here that's for damn sure.