Logitech G27 Racing Wheel

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Crave ultimate realism in your PC games? Setting yourself up with a real simulator is a tad expensive, but for racing fans, Logitech gives us the next best thing with its G27 racing wheel. Logitech has long been known as a quality producer of racing wheels, and with the G27, the best just got better. Vroom vroom!

You can read Bill's full review here and discuss it here.

U

Unregistered

I wish they got rid of the resistor pots

Do any steering wheels use a new method like optical instead of the old variable resistors (potentiometer) ? The track in the pots get warn and dirty so steering becomes jumpy and eventually undrivable. We had several old wheels (5-10yrs ago) from PAW & logitech that only lasted about 12 months of regular use.

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
Not that I am aware of. I personally have had great luck with Logitech wheels. Regular cleaning and vacuuming is strongly recommended by me and this does help alot. Also, I recommend being as gentle as possible since being very aggressive with them does little to add to lap times and just adds unnecessary wear and tear. I'm not saying this is your issue, it is just my personal recommendation for anyone using any brand and type of game controller.

U

Unregistered

Thankyou very much for a real world review.
I will buy the wheel now just from your positive comments.