Sapphire Radeon HD 6970 BFBC2 Vietnam Edition

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
AMD's top-end Radeon HD 6970 2GB is one of the best GPU choices on the market right now, and adding to its flavor a bit, Sapphire customized the reference card to produce the <em>Battlefield: Bad Company 2: Vietnam</em> edition. In addition to featuring a copy of the game, it comes complete with many accessories (including an HDMI cable).

You can read our full look at Sapphire's BFBC2 Vietnam edition HD 6970 and discuss it here!

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
*scratches his head*

Sounds like EA came to Sapphire with a bag of money and some BC2 stickers to try and spur sales of the original game since I assume the voucher isn't for the full game plus the expansion.

U

Unregistered

4xAA 8xAA testing?

Why are these test not included? 4AA and 8AA

TheCrimsonStar

Tech Monkey
Metro 2033 and StarCraft II

because if Rob had put AA on, the framerates would be so bad it would make the game unplayable at max res for Metro 2033. He probably wanted each res test to be consistent with the last (detail-wise). And as for SCII, I don't know. lol.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Metro 2033: As per what TheCrimsonStar says, even without anti-aliasing we're lucky to benchmark all of our cards because sometimes the performance is so low in some cases. What would you rather use? Medium detail and AA, or high detail and no AA? Personally, I vote for the latter.

SCII: Because the game doesn't officially support it. We were considering forcing AA in the beginning, but I don't exactly trust either AMD or NVIDIA as both have been known to include "improvements" in their drivers that are questionable. Now that the game's been out for months, I am considering forcing AA after all, and redoing our entire benchmarking run. I am also considering just waiting for Shogun: Total War, since it's going to be more system intensive than SCII.