Antec One Hundred Gaming Chassis

Tharic-Nar

Senior Editor
Staff member
More and more people are building computers and more and more of them are realizing that $30 generic cases just don't cut it, unless we are talking about their fingers. Helping out the do it yourselfer is Antec with its One Hundred chassis, which it feels will appeal to budget builders looking for a feature rich chassis at a reasonable price.

antec100_011011.jpg

You can read the rest of our post and discuss here.

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
"$30 generic cases just don't cut it, unless we are talking about their fingers."

LOL, nice.

For $60, that chassis looks quite nice. I appreciate the clean design on the sides and the front... it's class. Given the number of included fans, it might just offer some excellent cooling ability as well.

THUMPer

Coastermaker
The antec low end gaming chassis are all junk imo.The drive mounting is rubbish. Screws are so 5 years ago. They have a tendency to strip out and also possibly scratch the nice black paint on the inside. Why not spend and extra 10-20 bucks on a nice Lian Li Lancool series case with a better drive mounting system and legendary lian li name.
Even the antec 900 is complete crap but its the most popular case at LAN parties.

Optix

Basket Chassis
Staff member
I'm running an Antec Three Hundred and it is one of the best cases I have ever used. The fit and finish for a $50 case is incredible. I'd rank it higher than the much more expensive NXZT Tempest, which is a good case in its own right.

You get enough thumbscrews to choke a geek (I'll likely keep them for myself if I ever sell the case), the updated version that I have has a cut-out in the motherboard tray for heatsink removal and I like the understated look. Less show, more go.

If you strip screws you're not being careful enough. I have yet to strip any screw I have ever used in any case to be honest. The same can be said for scratches. Take your time and you're golden. Say what you will about screws being outdated but it is still the most secure method of mounting drives and cards. If I had a tool-less mounting system (which I will when my PC-50WB shows up) and moved my PC around a lot I'd use screws instead of ANY special mounting system.

I just can't get behind this case because the Two Hundred and Three Hundred are both cheaper. The only thing that this has on either of them (aside from the Two Hundred beeing "fugly") is additional cable management options and a black interior although the top fan on the Three Hundred is a TriCool.

To each their own but I'd hardly call low end Antec cases junk.

Low end Thermaltake, hells yeah!

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I'd have to agree on the stripping thing... I've never had screws strip on a chassis, and I tend to be one of those suckers that have random things like that happen. Same goes for the scratches, though I end up scratching cases due to some other random event (I remember scratching my Antec P182 door when I dropped something and it rubbed down the side it :-/).

I don't have nearly enough experience with Antec or Tt low-end chassis to comment.