Corsair H70 CPU Cooler Follow-up Tests

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
After we published our review of Corsair's H70 CPU cooler a couple of weeks ago, we couldn't shake the nagging feeling that some additional testing needed to be done with different airflow configurations. We succumbed, and have the results here. Will using a config opposite to Corsair's recommendation affect the temps? Read on.

Read through Bill's follow-up look at the Corsair H70 and discuss it here!

Doomsday

Tech Junkie
even though the difference is 1 to 2 degree Celsius, i would go for the exhaust from the back, config #3!

i'm kinda stuck with 2 options in my budget, either keep the V8 and go for a better chassis, (Storm Sniper i wants) or buy the H70(sell the V8) and stick with the same Centurion 590! decision decision! :D

R

robzombie

One missing bit of info

Did the orientation affect the temp of the other components: NB, SB, HDs and video cards?

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I noticed little change in other operating temperatures of my particular setup. As always, your results will vary depending on your particular chassis and air flow pattern, but I still stand by my statement that there is little difference in overall system temperatures. As long as you have good airflow out, having the H70 breathe in will not make a difference.