Putting Cash to Good Use: Toys for Tots Fundraiser

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
From our front-page news:
I don't dedicate much of our news space to contests or promotions outside of our website, but a recent fundraiser posted by our friends at TheTechLounge is too good to look over. They've teamed up with a countless amount of sponsors in order both raise funds for the Toys for Tots program, as well as to give you a good chance at winning a great prize.

The Toys for Tots program is one that helps deliver joy to children less-fortunate, which is important during a time of year where it's easy to take things for granted. Although toys aren't everything, as a child, it's the simple things that can make a huge difference, which is why charities like this exist.

To help raise funds, tickets are being raffled off, and for every $5 donated, you receive one entry into the virtual hat for a chance at one of over eighty prizes. The event ends at the end of the month, and the site needs your help in order to hit or at least come close to their $25,000 target, with every cent earned going straight to the charity. I've known Kurtis and Brian for a while (and also the amount of effort put in here), so even if you have just five bucks to put somewhere, why not put it towards a great cause?

toysfortots_techlounge_121008.jpg

The objectives of Toys for Tots are to help needy children throughout the United States experience the joy of Christmas; to play an active role in the development of one of our nation's most valuable natural resources - our children; to unite all members of local communities in a common cause for three months each year during the annual toy collection and distribution campaign; and to contribute to better communities in the future.

Source: Toys for Tots Fundraiser

Kougar

Techgage Staff
Staff member
I don't remember who, but someone did something like this a year ago?

Anyway, in for a penny in for a pound. Thanks for the heads up :)

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Not sure where this was a year ago, but I know it wasn't from them... nor would I expect to see it again from them, haha. It's SUCH an overwhelming project... you don't even realize until you're the one handling it. I found that out with our b-day contest this past March... so exhausting.

Rory Buszka

Partition Master
To be thoroughly honest, we actually have to put quite a bit of thought into our site contests and giveaways. We'd love to have more giveaways and contests, but we've got so many other things to think about than simply coming up with ideas for contests, so that's one area that we've given short shrift lately. We're trying to keep the focus where it belongs -- on the quality of our site's content. However, you can all look forward to a new round of contests for Techgage's 4th birthday celebration.

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Im personally a fan of Child's Play. (you can google that Im sure)

The guys over there at penny-arcade have over a million this year for it, but every bit helps.

(and for you tricks ass hoes saying kids play too many games as it is, quit hate'n)

-We all a lil ghetto. Sometimes...

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I agree, Child's Play is one of the best charities around. It's nice to know that sick kids are being directly helped as a result. They need joy more than most anyone.