New Logitech Lineup

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Take into consideration that I have never dealt with a laser mouse at all so I have no idea what a non gaming mouse of the laser variety feels like when using but I must say that IT'S ABOUT TIME! Gamers are driving the industry now so why shouldn't we have a 1337 mouse to game with? This should have been realeased long ago but now is better than never!

madstork91

The One, The Only...
Ive never really been interested in forking out the extra cash for a cordless... but the one that they have with the cord look very nice.

The keyboard is just awsome.

Muddy

Obliviot
I wont be buyingt he keyboard or the wireless mouse. Ill be getting the wired one to upgrade my mx510 :)

Will Nave

E.M.I.
I purchased the keyboard for my little bro for his b'day... let me just say it is F'n awesome. Programmable backlit LCD screen, two levels of illumination on the actual keys, and 54 programmable macros... You can hook up your USB mouse and headset to it and it has imbedded wire routes underneath to keep things tidy. Not only that but you can also plug a controller into it and hit the switch on the keyboard to switch between the keyboard itself and your game controller.

Only keyboard I wouldn't be upset about paying $90 for.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
After going 1:5 in kills in DoD I broke my Mx700. :( I love that mouse. :( I'd go to a G5 or G7, but I fear the dpi switching will just make things worse on my gameplay. I found another Mx700 for 30 with 3day shipping. I had the dual optican Mx400(?) before that. Some of the new features included in these mice are overkill in my opinion. I don't need to control my volume with the mouse, my keyboard does that, and I do love the forward and back buttons. Since getting the Mx700 I won't go back to wired. I can't deny the control and accuracy of the new laser mice though. The size and the dpi are the only things holding me back as of now

Buck-O

Coastermaker
Will Nave said:
I purchased the keyboard for my little bro for his b'day... let me just say it is F'n awesome. Programmable backlit LCD screen, two levels of illumination on the actual keys, and 54 programmable macros... You can hook up your USB mouse and headset to it and it has imbedded wire routes underneath to keep things tidy. Not only that but you can also plug a controller into it and hit the switch on the keyboard to switch between the keyboard itself and your game controller.

Only keyboard I wouldn't be upset about paying $90 for.

Some clarification for you.

1: Read the instruction manual.
2: The button servers a COMPLETELY different purpose. It actually puts the KB into "gaming mode". And essentially it disables the Windows Key, Scroll Lock key, F-lock key, and the application key, that way you wont get kicked to the desktop, and lock up your game by accidentally hitting the windows key. Preaty ingenious feature IMHO.

So there is no "switching" taking place. THe KB has a built in USB hub for controler and the like.

Buck-O

Coastermaker
Jakal said:
After going 1:5 in kills in DoD I broke my Mx700. :( I love that mouse. :( I'd go to a G5 or G7, but I fear the dpi switching will just make things worse on my gameplay. I found another Mx700 for 30 with 3day shipping. I had the dual optican Mx400(?) before that. Some of the new features included in these mice are overkill in my opinion. I don't need to control my volume with the mouse, my keyboard does that, and I do love the forward and back buttons. Since getting the Mx700 I won't go back to wired. I can't deny the control and accuracy of the new laser mice though. The size and the dpi are the only things holding me back as of now
Bummer man, alsyws sucks loosing a mouse your accustomed to.

But whats this about size? They are the exact same size as the MX series of mouses.

Jakal

Tech Monkey
Their feel is different and it seems to me they are larger in my hand. Even the pictures make them look larger to me. I've tried out a Mx1000 and G5 at a circuit city and I just remember it not feeling right in my hand. But it's not just the feel, like I said the dpi switching and extra stuff really wouldn't be useful for me. I'd end up switching it accidently and it'd screw me all up.

Now I'm left to use mouse-keys until it my new one arrives.

Will Nave

E.M.I.
Buck-O said:
Some clarification for you.

1: Read the instruction manual.
2: The button servers a COMPLETELY different purpose. It actually puts the KB into "gaming mode". And essentially it disables the Windows Key, Scroll Lock key, F-lock key, and the application key, that way you wont get kicked to the desktop, and lock up your game by accidentally hitting the windows key. Preaty ingenious feature IMHO.

So there is no "switching" taking place. THe KB has a built in USB hub for controler and the like.

yeah yeah yeah... like I said I bought it for my brother so I was assuming, had I played with it myself I would have probably figured that out pretty quick.

Still a kickass keyboard all the same.

Buck-O

Coastermaker
Jakal said:
Their feel is different and it seems to me they are larger in my hand. Even the pictures make them look larger to me. I've tried out a Mx1000 and G5 at a circuit city and I just remember it not feeling right in my hand. But it's not just the feel, like I said the dpi switching and extra stuff really wouldn't be useful for me. I'd end up switching it accidently and it'd screw me all up.

Now I'm left to use mouse-keys until it my new one arrives.

Dunno, they feel the same to me. I think part of it is the displays at the store that make it impossible to really get a feel for the mouse. Cuase they are always in awkward posisions.

The whole DPI switching thing is a gimic. No one would actually WANT to reduce the resolution of the mouse. Its jsut silly to include the option of DPI switching on a mouse. But to that end, you can do it on the fly in game, with no problem. Its designed that way. So you really wouldent be "screwing anything up" if you accidentally pushed one. You may jsut find that the mouse isnt as smooth and has a faster reaction time. But, the mouse also has a little LED display on it to show which DPI setting its in, so its preaty hard to cock it up.

Drew

E.M.I.
DPI Switching on the G5

Hey guys if you don't like the DPI switching on the G5 laser mouse. just do 2 things:

1. Don't bother installing the setpoint software it comes with (don't worry about affecting performance, i rarely leave setpoint running)

2. just keep your finger off the switching button its not hard to avoid hitting it. I have used the mouse for a few months now and i have NEVER actually hit it without wanting too.

I just want to say that i used the MX500 and i just love the G5 i gave the MX500 to my parents to use on their machine. I don't want to let my G5 go.