Whats your job?

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Where do you all work?

I am currently a network admin at a beer and wine distributor. Oh, and I write for slave driving Rob. What do you do?

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
Comcast tech CT3
Residential and commercial networks
VOIP Telephony set up and repair ( Voice Over Internet Protocol ) Comcast network only ( nothing like Vonage or Sun and rocket8 )
HiDef / Surround systems ( entertainment systems )

Mainly I work networks for residential customers ( celebrities ) :eek:
And commercial network ( static IP's )
You should see the tips I get....lol
:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:
Working the Magick

BlackAndy

Obliviot
In addition to moonlighting as Captain Chaos...
I do product tech support for the automotive industry, which means I play around until someone calls in with a problem that I solve for them as quickly as I can. I speak with 200-250 parts stores each day.
The best thing about the job is that I never have a "to do" list... when I log my phone off for the night I don't take any work home with me.
Also I get to surf the web at work to keep my stress level down.:D

On_Wisconsin

Coastermaker
Student...wanting to get a mechanical engineering degree.

I worked at Simplicity Mfg for a year in HS (the plant is closed now, thanks Briggs and Stratton), long story short I didn't like how I was treated and got out of there just before they moved the department down closer to Milwaukee. Now I work at a small material handling (conveyor) shop, which was much better than SMI (but hoping to get out of there to do more 3d stuff and higher pay)

THUMPer

Coastermaker
I work for Arrow Electronics. We are an IBM Distributor for e class servers.

Im on the System x Tech/Engineer Team. I deal with Intel, and AMD based Servers. From 1U single processor to 16 Processor Quad core machines with 512GB of RAM.
I also deal with enterprise storage and Blade Servers.
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/bladecenter/hardware/chassis/?

Those are the chassis. The "H" Chassis holds 14 Blades. Essentially 14 separate servers.
And these are the blade servers
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/bladecenter/hardware/servers/x86.html

food for thought :)