OCZ CPU Cooler Roundup

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
OCZ is well known for their memory and power supplies, but we thought we'd see just how well their current fleet of CPU coolers held up. We pit the Vendetta, Vendetta 2, Vanquisher and even the old-school Vindicator against our QX6850 to see what each one is made of.

You can read Bill's full article here and discuss it here!

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
A good look at a solid lineup of coolers from OCZ. It's nice to see them move away from the enormous design of the Vindicator.

sbrehm72255

Tech Monkey
Interesting review, it's been awhile since I actually sat and read a air cooler review.

I'm really liking this direct contact of the heat pipe thing they got going on, it seems to be working for them.........;)

b1lk1

Tech Monkey
I just got a sample from another company using this same technique as well. In theory it looks like a good idea and there will be an upcoming review of said cooler.

I agree Greg. Size is not everything and the results prove that.

Merlin

The Tech Wizard
It seems a lot of companies are expanding into other fields.
OCZ in my book has been a good company and if THEY build their products I expect the same qualitiy as the other products.

my 2 cents....I'm finished now....lol :D

:techgage::techgage: Merlin :techgage::techgage:

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
OCZ's smartest decision was to move into other areas, because memory can only go so far. Their PSU's have done well, and as far as I know, so have their accessories and CPU coolers. They have some extremely smart people there, so I don't think they will often release anything that completely blows. They release products for most price-ranges, so products will of course vary in effectiveness.