ASUS Blitz Extreme & Formula Motherboards

U

Unregistered

been wondering, did you take straps in account? ive heard P5K's go over 600FSB...

JacKz5o

Obliviot
been wondering, did you take straps in account? ive heard P5K's go over 600FSB...

Only P35 mobo I have seen that can do 600+ FSB is the DFI UT LP P35 T2R.

I think the max it did was 657, heres an SS of 610:

610-2.png

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
I didn't touch the straps at all. I need to use the Blitz boards this weekend for other testing, so I will see if I can muster a higher FSB with using them.

U

Unregistered

I didn't touch the straps at all. I need to use the Blitz boards this weekend for other testing, so I will see if I can muster a higher FSB with using them.

id love to see that, since im interested in the board.
where would i look for the results of that?

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
This weekend is not looking so good for testing the strap, since I am behind on a review due for Monday, but it will be something I will get on as soon as possible. If changing the straps could avail me even 500FSB, I'd be pleased.

I'll get on this as soon as I can...

MakubeX

Partition Master
Those boards look sweet! Nice review. Hope you can push them pass 500FSB later on.

Those high voltage options in BIOS sure make it attractive for the extreme overclockers. :D

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
This week is not playing out that great for me.. kind of over-loaded with things. I will still get on this as soon as I can...

PS: Rodney, stick around here, dammit.

MakubeX

Partition Master
This week is not playing out that great for me.. kind of over-loaded with things. I will still get on this as soon as I can...

PS: Rodney, stick around here, dammit.

LoL, sorry I'll try be around more. :p

Anyway, would you say that the NB water block that comes with these motherboards is as good as say the Swiftech MCW30 or some other common NB block (of course, considering that it's also cooling the SB and PWM?

Last edited:
P

Palme

500 fsb

got my board 2 days ago and pushed my cpu over the limit with this board it have previosly maxed 491 fsb . on boards that done 500 fsb with other cpus i'm able to get a stable 503 fsb with this e6300 on this board witch is really impresive when a reach a stop it will be the cpu not the board. This board can take the fsb sky high with the right cpu since you get the best voltage options you can acctually have. It got an awsome stable cpu voltage it hold exact the same voltage in idle as in full load

Shot at 2007-08-15

will post when i get this cpu further and look on the print i posted before a quad
core on 525 fsb on this board? it's not the mobo stopping him from getting further. This is an awsome performer / overclocker

U

Unregistered

nub question, but I can't find an answer anywhere, is this board SLI compatable? One would think yes, but everything else advertises it's SLI complient and this board doesn't.

Thanks

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Great overclock Palme! I still haven't had much of a chance... but hoping to tinker around a lot more on it tomorrow. I just need to get a review out of the way first...

Unregistered, you need an nForce board to use SLI... such as 650i or 680i.

MakubeX, I wish I had a better opinion on the waterblock. I've never used another waterblock for NB, so I really have no idea.

P

Palme

pushed more

before i was only able to achieve 3304 mhz maximum on a cuple of boards that had done 500 fsb with other cpus and so on with this amazing motherboard i can push it 200 mhz more =) that a increase in both fsb clocking and max for this cpu and i'm not the only one that get these results with increaseed clockspeed on a cpu that before have maxed the same on a cuple of boards that maxes the same

Shot at 2007-08-18

there you got more with my results

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews....us_blitz_extreme_p35_socket_775_motherboard/5

U

Unregistered

available?

Well, I'm sold on the board but can't find it anywhere (on-line) to purchase! Does anyone have any suggestions or info where they bought there's.

Thanks, Bud

Rob Williams

Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Nice OC Palme!

Unreg, no I have no idea. I will try to check in with ASUS again. It's bordering on ridiculous... reviews have been available for weeks now.

Kam

Obliviot
Same for me, no screens to post yet, but 500fsb cought easily...reviewing the board, so i cannot post ...

I have an E6400 that does 500fsb everywhere, locked unfortunately just @ 500...

A question, which sense has going over 500 with a I680 since chipset will lower performances over 490?

Kam

p.s. soon i will post something... to confirm what i'm writing.

Kam

Obliviot
Plus, some is considering Max fsb as dipending by the motherboard, i don't agree with this, i think that the maximub fsb u can reach depends basically on the CPU !

Get the record cpu and try, i'm more than sure that the same result, more or less, can be reached easily!

Kam

Kam

Obliviot
545.jpg

Done with 39°C ambient temp liquid cooling! This cpu cand do 555FSB air cooling (with lower temps)!

Kam