Lee Cho's iMac G5 for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leecho7

Partition Master
Well, I thought about this long and hard but I finally decided to sell my iMac G5 for various reasons. It runs like a champ, however the fans are kinda loud. Maybe it's because it is sitting in an apartment room with an ineffective A/C and my room temps are easily 85f constantly. I'm running out of room and the iMac is really taking up space (even though it has a space saving design... ironic eh? This is at no fault of the iMac, it's just getting cramped in my room and getting a laptop would be far better for me.)
I'm planning to invest in a Macbook.

I just have 1 project that I need to finish by the upcoming monday 7/31/06 and I will be completely finished with it until another project comes along. Which wont happen anytime soon.

These are the specs of my iMac G5

17" iMac g5 (the powerpc G5, not the new intel cores) 2gigs
1.5gigs of memory
120 gigs hd space

Notes: The fan noise gets loud under load, however I believe it is due to the high temps in my apartment. I talked to tech support, and they said operating temperatures and fan noise is slightly higher than a well cooled pc, which is understandable because the iMac is an entire pc in a lcd monitor.

There is 1 dead pixle to the left of the screen. But it is not noticeable unless you are watching a black screen.

I don't know if anyone here is interested, but I'm selling it after next week for $900 or best offer. Shipping will cost extra, naturally, but we can work that out later and discuss the preferred shipping method.

More notes: Because I installed the extra 1gig of ram myself, I voided out the warranty on it. However, it's already been a year I believe so the warranty is out anyways.

So any of you guys interested in getting your hands on a nice iMac g5, nows your chance.

Last edited:

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Bro, if I had the money, I would buy that from you. I really dont have a reason, but it would be nice to play around with a mac for a bit. Good luck.

Greg King

I just kinda show up...
Staff member
Not a problem at all. Just trying to clean a few threads up. Nothing to appologize for bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.