Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Hardware > Mobile & Small Form-Factor Computing

Mobile & Small Form-Factor Computing Discuss notebooks, PDAs, Smartphones, Cell Phones and all other mobile devices here.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default Samsung's Latest Galaxy S II Advert Pokes Fun at Apple

When Apple releases a new product, there are a couple of things that make the launch interesting. First, the hype level tends to border on asinine, and second, there are always going to be those select few who waste away some of their days sitting outside of an Apple store waiting to get their grubby hands on said product. In a new one minute advert, Samsung tackles both of these factors in a light-hearted way, while promoting its Galaxy S II.

Read the rest of our post and then discuss it here!

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:53 PM   #2
MacMan
Partition Master

Samsung's ad, as pointed out by Gizmodo, is much like Apple's old I'm a Mac and I'm a PC adds, but there is one big difference: Apple's ads poked fun at the PC, not its users. Samsung's ad, on-the-hand, pokes fun at Apple's users. As Gizmodo put it: " In reality, Samsung would be thrilled to have people regularly lining up to buy its phones."
Old 11-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #3
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan
Gizmodo
Quoting Gizmodo to prove a point about Apple makes as much sense as drinking Diet Pepsi to lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
but there is one big difference: Apple's ads poked fun at the PC, not its users.
You mean the commercials that pit an early-40s, clueless, fashion faux-pas suffering PC versus a mid-20s, well-groomed, witty Mac?

Yeah, I see your point.

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter

Old 11-23-2011, 11:32 PM   #4
MacMan
Partition Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Williams View Post
Quoting Gizmodo to prove a point about Apple makes as much sense as drinking Diet Pepsi to lose weight.
Tis, tis, you got a problem with Gizmodo?
Old 11-23-2011, 11:39 PM   #5
marfig
No ROM battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Samsung's ad, as pointed out by Gizmodo, is much like Apple's old I'm a Mac and I'm a PC adds, but there is one big difference: Apple's ads poked fun at the PC, not its users. Samsung's ad, on-the-hand, pokes fun at Apple's users. As Gizmodo put it: " In reality, Samsung would be thrilled to have people regularly lining up to buy its phones."
No. Gizmodo didn't put it that way. Read it again.

Also... I don't know if you realized yet but gizmodo isn't a very reputable source of information here or anywhere else. Feel free to contest me. Anyways, it would be great -- because you obviously have a strong interest on Apple products -- if you avoided linking to such tendentious places like Gizmodo or blogs from people naming themselves as Apple Holic.

It's just that it's hard to take your arguments seriously every time you do. And yet, i'm positive you could produce good arguments from inside your own head without feeling the need to validate your thoughts with what are unfortunately websites that are constant sources of mockery on the web.
Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2;
2x Samsung SyncMaster S43NW 8000:1 (1440x900)
Logitech K120 Keyboard and Logitech Performance Mouse MX
marfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:44 AM   #6
Doomsday
Tech Junkie

Hehheheee!
PSU: Corsair AX850 - Case: Cooler Master HAF X - CPU:Core i7-2600k - Cooler: Cooler Master V6 GT - Motherboard: Asus Z68 Maximus IV Extreme Z - Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB-1600Mhz - GPU: AMD MSI R6970 Lightning - HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB, Seagate 2TB Barracuda Green - SSD: Intel 520 Series 120GB - K/B: Razer Lycosa Mirror - Mouse: Logitech G700 - MouseMat: Steel Series 4HD - LCD: Asus VG278H 27" - Speakers: Creative Inspire M4500 4.1 - Headset: Logitech G35 7.1

"Do not look at a man's prayers nor his fasts, rather, measure him by how well he deals with others, the compassion he shows his fellow man, his wisdom and his integrity" - Umar Ibn Al-Khattab

Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:42 AM   #7
MacMan
Partition Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfig View Post
No. Gizmodo didn't put it that way. Read it again.

Also... I don't know if you realized yet but gizmodo isn't a very reputable source of information here or anywhere else. Feel free to contest me. Anyways, it would be great -- because you obviously have a strong interest on Apple products -- if you avoided linking to such tendentious places like Gizmodo or blogs from people naming themselves as Apple Holic.

It's just that it's hard to take your arguments seriously every time you do. And yet, i'm positive you could produce good arguments from inside your own head without feeling the need to validate your thoughts with what are unfortunately websites that are constant sources of mockery on the web.
Oh, Gizmodo didn't make the statement: " In reality, Samsung would be thrilled to have people regularly lining up to buy its phones."?

And who says that Gizmodo isn't a very reputable source of information, you?

They are certainly reputable when they buy stolen phones, rip them apart though, arent' they? No, you can claim all you want that I am an Apple lover, but it sounds to me that you are really an Apple hater. I've notice that this site is quick to highlight any negative about Apple.

Oh, by the way, for your information, I DON'T't use a Mac, I DON'T use an iPhone, or an iPad, or an iPod Touch. I use Windows now-and-then, but mainly I use Linux as my main OS! So, enough with this Apple holic business already!

Oh, come to think of it, occasionally, and I mean occasionally I do use iTunes and Safari on Windows, but since I rarely use Windows, well, you get the picture. Or do you?

Last edited by MacMan; 11-24-2011 at 10:07 AM.
MacMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #8
marfig
No ROM battery

As you wish. I only tend to give advise once. And it's free.
Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2;
2x Samsung SyncMaster S43NW 8000:1 (1440x900)
Logitech K120 Keyboard and Logitech Performance Mouse MX
marfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #9
MacMan
Partition Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfig View Post
As you wish. I only tend to give advise once. And it's free.
Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated, even if I don't always agree with it..
Old 11-24-2011, 03:25 PM   #10
Doomsday
Tech Junkie

I'm waiting for the Motorola Droid Razr!
PSU: Corsair AX850 - Case: Cooler Master HAF X - CPU:Core i7-2600k - Cooler: Cooler Master V6 GT - Motherboard: Asus Z68 Maximus IV Extreme Z - Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB-1600Mhz - GPU: AMD MSI R6970 Lightning - HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB, Seagate 2TB Barracuda Green - SSD: Intel 520 Series 120GB - K/B: Razer Lycosa Mirror - Mouse: Logitech G700 - MouseMat: Steel Series 4HD - LCD: Asus VG278H 27" - Speakers: Creative Inspire M4500 4.1 - Headset: Logitech G35 7.1

"Do not look at a man's prayers nor his fasts, rather, measure him by how well he deals with others, the compassion he shows his fellow man, his wisdom and his integrity" - Umar Ibn Al-Khattab

Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 06:15 PM   #11
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Doomsday, if there's one thing I can count on you for, it's being as random as possible