Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Archives > Reviews and Articles

Reviews and Articles Discussion for Techgage content is located here. Only staff can create topics, but everyone is welcome to post.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief
 
Rob Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Atlantic Canada
Posts: 13,351
Default NVIDIA Talks PC Gaming Trends

Some claim that PC gaming is dying, but recent trends disagree. In fact, it looks to be console gaming that's soon to see a decline, thanks in part to a growing number of compelling aspects that PCs offer - including at the very least free-to-play games. Let's take a look at these and other trends, and the reasons behind them.

Read through our look at current PC gaming trends and discuss it hree!
__________________
Intel Core i7-3960X, GIGABYTE G1.Assassin 2, Kingston 16GB DDR3-2133, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD (OS, Apps), WD VR 1TB (Games), Corsair 1000HX, Corsair H70 Cooler
Corsair 800D, Dell 2408WFP 24", ASUS Xonar Essence STX, Gentoo (KDE 4.11. 3.12 Kernel)

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.


Rob Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:07 PM   #2
Kayden
Techgage Staff
 
Kayden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 710
Default

Honestly interesting stuff and I am glad to see there are numbers backing up my opinion about PC gaming making a come back. I will defiantly reference this every chance I get.
__________________
Koolance PC4-1036BK Liquid Cooled Aluminum Full Tower Case (Upgraded to displace 1320watt of heat) - Koolance 360 ver 1.2 CPU Water Block - PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Fluid - Asus P6X58D Premium - Intel I7 950 - Evga GTX580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 x2 in SLI - Tt SMART M1200W PSU - Kingston HyperX 12GB 1600 XMP - Klipsch 5.1 THX Cert Speakers - Sata II OCZ Vertex 4 128GB, Kingston 120GB SV300, WD 2TB, & 320GB - Seagate 1TB - Cyborg RAT 7 MMO Mouse - Logitech G19 - Logitech G13 Gameboard - 1-over-3 Viewsonic's VA2448M-LED 24-Inch for Nvidia Surround - Ergotech Triple Horizontal LCD Monitor Arm Desk Stand


Kayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
Doomsday
Tech Junkie
 
Doomsday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: KHI, PAK
Posts: 1,559
Default

Wohoo!

I do have some hate towards the 'always online' stuff like Blizzard is doing in Diablo III though! But i might overlook it once i play it or see it in action!
__________________
PSU: Corsair AX850 - Case: Cooler Master HAF X - CPU:Core i7-2600k - Cooler: Cooler Master V6 GT - Motherboard: Asus Z68 Maximus IV Extreme Z - Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB-1600Mhz - GPU: AMD MSI R6970 Lightning - HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB, Seagate 2TB Barracuda Green - SSD: Intel 520 Series 120GB - K/B: Razer Lycosa Mirror - Mouse: Logitech G700 - MouseMat: Steel Series 4HD - LCD: Asus VG278H 27" - Speakers: Creative Inspire M4500 4.1 - Headset: Logitech G35 7.1



"Do not look at a man's prayers nor his fasts, rather, measure him by how well he deals with others, the compassion he shows his fellow man, his wisdom and his integrity" - Umar Ibn Al-Khattab


Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:30 AM   #4
marfig
No ROM battery
 
marfig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 784
Default

Yup. It's good to finally see numbers backing up what we always knew for sure; that PC gaming isn't dead, dying or even hurt.

In fact, one of my main criticism of such news was how deliberately absent of actual evidence they always where. One would expect that a claim like "PC gaming is dead" would require hard evidence and lengthy discussion around it. But no. It was always thrown into some piece of news or an article of opinion as hearsay. For all purposes, "PC gaming is dead" had all the marks of a meme and nothing more. When people would repeat it, they would never took the the time to actually investigate this claim. That's what almost always would drive me up the wall. It's the monkey-see-monkey-do of hearsay on the mainstream internet that I most feel offended by. Often helped by a news media that is increasingly becoming everything but journalistic.

...

Those graphs also show however how physical retail sales are indeed on their last breath. It's the one thing that for the past 10 years made me most sad. I'm old school on this regard and my whole collection is made entirely of physical copies. Even though I'm only now finally getting to know the benefits of digital retail, it's become quite evident to me that I would still love going back to the old days. Despite digital retail having proved to me it is indeed a superior format, other things will always speak louder to me. I dunno, maybe its the strong collector bone in me. But I'll miss actually owning physical copies.

What's interesting to notice is that physical retail of console games still goes strong. If you go to your local mall, you'll indeed find a small, almost laughable, section for PC games, but you'll get more than one aisle for console games. I put the blame for this on the proprietary online shopping that goes on in the console market. Steam and other similar online shops worked for the PC exactly because of their agnostic nature. And that's what I think killed physical retail.
__________________
NOX COOLBAY Side Window Black; NOX Apex 600w Modular; ASUS P7P55D-E Socket 1156, Sata 6Gb/s & USB 3.0;
Intel Quad Core i5 760 2.80 Ghz @ 3.60 Ghz, 8 Mb de cache; Gskill Ripjaws 4 Gb DDR3 1600 Mhz CL8 Dual Channel;
ASUS GEFORCE GTX 560 TI DC II 1024MB GDDR5; Samsung 1 Tb 32 Mb SpinPoint F3; NEC 24x Sata black
Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2;
2x Samsung SyncMaster S43NW 8000:1 (1440x900)
Logitech K120 Keyboard and Logitech Performance Mouse MX
marfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief
 
Rob Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Atlantic Canada
Posts: 13,351
Default

I'll just leave these here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=445861

http://www.overclock.net/video-game-...-consoles.html

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...-best-by-2014/

LOTS of good opinions in at these sources.

I've been meaning to get a good response in here... will do so after I finish editing up an article.
__________________
Intel Core i7-3960X, GIGABYTE G1.Assassin 2, Kingston 16GB DDR3-2133, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD (OS, Apps), WD VR 1TB (Games), Corsair 1000HX, Corsair H70 Cooler
Corsair 800D, Dell 2408WFP 24", ASUS Xonar Essence STX, Gentoo (KDE 4.11. 3.12 Kernel)

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.


Rob Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 06:04 AM   #6
Doomsday
Tech Junkie
 
Doomsday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: KHI, PAK
Posts: 1,559
Default

Nvidia is pushing PC gaming and i'm buying AMD GPUs! My bad!
__________________
PSU: Corsair AX850 - Case: Cooler Master HAF X - CPU:Core i7-2600k - Cooler: Cooler Master V6 GT - Motherboard: Asus Z68 Maximus IV Extreme Z - Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB-1600Mhz - GPU: AMD MSI R6970 Lightning - HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB, Seagate 2TB Barracuda Green - SSD: Intel 520 Series 120GB - K/B: Razer Lycosa Mirror - Mouse: Logitech G700 - MouseMat: Steel Series 4HD - LCD: Asus VG278H 27" - Speakers: Creative Inspire M4500 4.1 - Headset: Logitech G35 7.1



"Do not look at a man's prayers nor his fasts, rather, measure him by how well he deals with others, the compassion he shows his fellow man, his wisdom and his integrity" - Umar Ibn Al-Khattab


Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #7
Kayden
Techgage Staff
 
Kayden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
Nvidia is pushing PC gaming and i'm buying AMD GPUs! My bad!
As long as it isn't a console, I'm not sure that they care!

I have a piece going up on this on another site, when it's published I will link it here. It's based on this article.
__________________
Koolance PC4-1036BK Liquid Cooled Aluminum Full Tower Case (Upgraded to displace 1320watt of heat) - Koolance 360 ver 1.2 CPU Water Block - PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Fluid - Asus P6X58D Premium - Intel I7 950 - Evga GTX580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 x2 in SLI - Tt SMART M1200W PSU - Kingston HyperX 12GB 1600 XMP - Klipsch 5.1 THX Cert Speakers - Sata II OCZ Vertex 4 128GB, Kingston 120GB SV300, WD 2TB, & 320GB - Seagate 1TB - Cyborg RAT 7 MMO Mouse - Logitech G19 - Logitech G13 Gameboard - 1-over-3 Viewsonic's VA2448M-LED 24-Inch for Nvidia Surround - Ergotech Triple Horizontal LCD Monitor Arm Desk Stand


Kayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #8
Kayden
Techgage Staff
 
Kayden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 710
Default

And here she is....

http://www.gamingbus.com/2011/09/23/...ets-the-shaft/
__________________
Koolance PC4-1036BK Liquid Cooled Aluminum Full Tower Case (Upgraded to displace 1320watt of heat) - Koolance 360 ver 1.2 CPU Water Block - PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Fluid - Asus P6X58D Premium - Intel I7 950 - Evga GTX580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 x2 in SLI - Tt SMART M1200W PSU - Kingston HyperX 12GB 1600 XMP - Klipsch 5.1 THX Cert Speakers - Sata II OCZ Vertex 4 128GB, Kingston 120GB SV300, WD 2TB, & 320GB - Seagate 1TB - Cyborg RAT 7 MMO Mouse - Logitech G19 - Logitech G13 Gameboard - 1-over-3 Viewsonic's VA2448M-LED 24-Inch for Nvidia Surround - Ergotech Triple Horizontal LCD Monitor Arm Desk Stand


Kayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:12 PM   #9
marfig
No ROM battery
 
marfig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 784
Default

I really would love to dispel some of these console vs pc myths. But I'm just not sure that's worth or I'll be listened.

With all respect, Kayden you need to take a step back and reconsider if it really makes any sense to put up these type of wild conjectures. If you don't think that damages the credibility of your otherwise understandble annoyance. And especially when you don't seem interested in asking questions. Only in providing answers that are coming solely from within your head.
__________________
NOX COOLBAY Side Window Black; NOX Apex 600w Modular; ASUS P7P55D-E Socket 1156, Sata 6Gb/s & USB 3.0;
Intel Quad Core i5 760 2.80 Ghz @ 3.60 Ghz, 8 Mb de cache; Gskill Ripjaws 4 Gb DDR3 1600 Mhz CL8 Dual Channel;
ASUS GEFORCE GTX 560 TI DC II 1024MB GDDR5; Samsung 1 Tb 32 Mb SpinPoint F3; NEC 24x Sata black
Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2;
2x Samsung SyncMaster S43NW 8000:1 (1440x900)
Logitech K120 Keyboard and Logitech Performance Mouse MX
marfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #10
Kayden
Techgage Staff
 
Kayden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfig View Post
I really would love to dispel some of these console vs pc myths. But I'm just not sure that's worth or I'll be listened.

With all respect, Kayden you need to take a step back and reconsider if it really makes any sense to put up these type of wild conjectures. If you don't think that damages the credibility of your otherwise understandble annoyance. And especially when you don't seem interested in asking questions. Only in providing answers that are coming solely from within your head.
With all respect, marfig because I am voicing an opinion and it's not tied down to being tactful or putting into consideration the feelings of those I offend, I really don't care. Far too often do we see the velvet glove being used in public, instead of using the iron fist, while in the background public speaking people make back room deals that go against what they say! Call me two steps away from Attila the Hun if you wish, but I am not pulling this information out of my butt nor am I trying to use fear tactics to control opinions, I am providing reliable information with my view point.

If you want proof go here and look at "Console Exclusives".
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_6.html


Now, I am sure with anything I can put out you can contradict me with another such article refuting it. The problem is choice, what do you choose to believe? That will always come back to a persons core beliefs based on their environment, in general a choice is made in comfort and with in a boundary reason based on experience. The choice I have made is based on what I have seen, heard, trended and all out experienced, does it go back to the fact I am a PC gamer, you bet it is and I am proud of it. There is a place for console gaming, but because companies have taken advantage of the market and used fear tactics to push companies into investing in consoles (like PC piracy), I call them out on it.

These opinion are based on facts, and there are more facts to back up my opinion. Too many times I have heard people say console gaming is better but I have not seen it become open or dynamic to allow gamers choice, instead it's a closed platform and forces you to keep paying the developer of said console for things they want, not what the customer wants. If I am so wrong in this why can't I use my PS3 controller on a 360 or a Keyboard and mouse on any console for gaming? Because the FACT is it's closed.

I implore you marfig, if you believe I am making a baseless claim and not being objective, to prove it. Do not spout rhetoric I'm damaging my reputation because my opinion has no basis in fact, which is what you are saying in summation. I am not compromising my opinion behind closed doors, nor am I going to try put blinders on to what is happening around me. I am honest, I am open about my opinions and I most certainly credible. The truth is never convenient and neither am I. Lastly, it is insulting to hear you say those things about me, when you yourself are not proving your opinion and that is all I will say on the subject.
__________________
Koolance PC4-1036BK Liquid Cooled Aluminum Full Tower Case (Upgraded to displace 1320watt of heat) - Koolance 360 ver 1.2 CPU Water Block - PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Fluid - Asus P6X58D Premium - Intel I7 950 - Evga GTX580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 x2 in SLI - Tt SMART M1200W PSU - Kingston HyperX 12GB 1600 XMP - Klipsch 5.1 THX Cert Speakers - Sata II OCZ Vertex 4 128GB, Kingston 120GB SV300, WD 2TB, & 320GB - Seagate 1TB - Cyborg RAT 7 MMO Mouse - Logitech G19 - Logitech G13 Gameboard - 1-over-3 Viewsonic's VA2448M-LED 24-Inch for Nvidia Surround - Ergotech Triple Horizontal LCD Monitor Arm Desk Stand


Kayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #11
marfig
No ROM battery
 
marfig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 784
Default

>> With all respect, marfig because I am voicing an opinion and it's not tied down to being tactful or putting into consideration the feelings of those I offend, I really don't care.

Your opinion didn't offend me, if that's what you think.

>> If you want proof go here and look at "Console Exclusives http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_6.html

Kayden, you cannot make use of the word "proof" in the context of an non credited, non supported, and lacking any credible source piece of information. If you care so much about facts -- and I'm glad you do -- you should know this.

>> Now, I am sure with anything I can put out you can contradict me with another such article refuting it.

No. I have no interest in using that tactic. I dislike it too. I'd more interested in explaining to you why you see such methodology being applied to games that run ob both consoles and the PC.

>> The problem is choice, what do you choose to believe? That will always come back to a persons core beliefs based on their environment, in general a choice is made in comfort and with in a boundary reason based on experience.

I think that's an excellent choice of words and pretty much defines "belief" in this context. My question is thus, exactly what experience do you have around gaming studios, publishers and console makers? Because your belief that Sony is paying DICE to put the DLCs on the console first, in light of your own words, must somehow rely on your your reason and experience.

>> These opinion are based on facts, and there are more facts to back up my opinion.

I'm sorry. But I have never seen a fact that demonstrates either Sony or Microsoft are paying developers to publish first on the console. Care to show me these facts?

>> I implore you marfig, if you believe I am making a baseless claim and not being objective, to prove it. Do not spout rhetoric I'm damaging my reputation because my opinion has no basis in fact, which is what you are saying in summation.

I certainly didn't mean to imply your reputation is being damaged. What I said is that the value and the credibility of your article is being damaged. I don't think one leads to the other. I've personally made baseless claims in the past, thinking I had all bases covered. I was however demonstrated I didn't give the problem a better thought. In my eagerness to find answers, I forgot to ask the questions. That is, I ended up coming up with my own answers basing them on belief and opinion making. Nothing of that ever damaged my reputation.

But for the rest yes, I am claiming you have no manner of support to claim that Sony is paying for BF3 DLCs to be published on the console first. You certainly, at least, didn't make an effort showing where exactly you base this opinion. I must remind you, you are the one using the words "opinion" and "facts" on the same context. At some point you must realize something is wrong with this picture.

>> Lastly, it is insulting to hear you say those things about me, when you yourself are not proving your opinion and that is all I will say on the subject.[/QUOTE]

I apologize. Something must definitely be wrong with me. What exactly, I'm not sure I understand. But lately, every time that I have tried to confront someone I end up apparently be offensive. I'm just not sure how.

I always see some manner of offense myself in some of the things that get said to me, but I do just dismiss them because I'm just not easily offended and I'm pretty sure your's not the intention to offend me. So, believing you do the exact same thing before reaching the conclusion I'm being offensive, it's must be that I'm wrong and you are right. I'm offensive. For that I apologize. I'll try somehow to find what's wrong with me.

As for me proving my point, that's a bit hard when I have not made it yet. As I suspected you didn't demonstrate any interest in it, even though I offered to do such on the very first paragraph of my earlier post. That's my criticism of your attitude to this whole issue. You just don't seem to want to question why things are the way they are. You are more interested in providing answers that fit your beliefs, as you've put it.
__________________
NOX COOLBAY Side Window Black; NOX Apex 600w Modular; ASUS P7P55D-E Socket 1156, Sata 6Gb/s & USB 3.0;
Intel Quad Core i5 760 2.80 Ghz @ 3.60 Ghz, 8 Mb de cache; Gskill Ripjaws 4 Gb DDR3 1600 Mhz CL8 Dual Channel;
ASUS GEFORCE GTX 560 TI DC II 1024MB GDDR5; Samsung 1 Tb 32 Mb SpinPoint F3; NEC 24x Sata black
Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2;
2x Samsung SyncMaster S43NW 8000:1 (1440x900)
Logitech K120 Keyboard and Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Last edited by marfig; 09-23-2011 at 02:24 PM.
marfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #12
Superman
Obliviot
 
Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sol, Earth
Posts: 6
Default Why are you being insulting and not being objective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfig View Post
Only in providing answers that are coming solely from within your head.
This is just an insult and not anything useful. You are showing how close minded you are and, how you only care for consoles and not in favor of PC's

Now lets get to being objective shall we
Quote:
Originally Posted by marfig View Post
With all respect, Kayden you need to take a step back and reconsider if it really makes any sense to put up these type of wild conjectures. If you don't think that damages the credibility of your otherwise understandble annoyance.
Look if you have valid point bring it up. In Kayden's original post he quoted Rob Williams
NVIDIA Talks PC Gaming Trends
Please point out where, ANY WHERE in that article where is says that consoles are better than PCs.
The 360 is over 8 years old from a development point of view and, much older from a market point of view. There is no way that Microsoft put a brand new 2003 video processor to put in its new Xbox.

Now as for the 360 technology here is a link to history of it.
Xbox 360 wiki
I am quoting: "On August 12, 2003, ATI signed on to produce the graphic processing unit for the new console, a deal which was publicly announced two days later."
So when they started making the designs for the 360 it was based on a 2003 market, now I can tell you for a fact that the video card in the 360 is not from a 2003 PC based video card. I had bought the best one that year for a PC and the 360 did not compare to the PC even at that the time of its release.
This is what the graph shows from 2005, but even by those standards it was already old.

Now lets get into direct X.
Direct X 9 was released in 2002,
Direct X 9.1c was released in 2004 which is not compatible for Xbox 360.
Now why would a company who is dedicated to consoles make an engine that its flagship console platform can't run?
One answer, they wanted to make money. Like everyone does.
And by 2007 the 360 was already so out dated that not even the direct x 10 engine MADE BY MICROSOFT (who makes the 360) could run on the 360 again, no support for future, even if it's in house and they know about.
But that further drives home the fact that consoles are OLD AND OUTDATED even from the company who makes direct X.

Now lets get into the engine.
The 360 uses the unreal 3 engine which began development in early 2005 or 2004, however it was announced in 2005, link alert!
Midway Games: Unreal Engine 3 Licensing Interview
Now this was good for the time but today we have higher standards.
-More than 16 people in Multiplayer
-Better graphics
-Destructible buildings in real time
-On and on and on and on that are limitations to these consoles.
I could get more into all the limitations of the engine but I don't need to because there are so many reviews that drive this home already.

Now I will get into the new standards of PC gaming.
So lets talk about a game that is actually made for the PC then ported to console. Which is the way it should be.
Battlefield 3, go back to the top and click for Rob's original review because it has some great BF3 images there. Link alert!
Battlefield 3 will need monster rig to run on ultra settings
This new configuration needed for BF3 is extremely intense.
Now how is this suppose to run on a console?
One answer, they dumb it down.
I have no doubts that the sales for this game will be HUGH on the console.
But the PC will be 1,000,000 times better in quality then sales. When people see how much better it can be with a PC they will switch. Especially if they realize that they can connect a PC to a TV and sit on their couch to play and, also use their 360 controller.

Finally costs.
Just look at how many fees Microsoft SHOVE DOWN GAMERS THROATS! WHICH IS PURE PROFIT!
Why do you have to pay an online subscription just to play game you have already paid for?
Its ridiculous to keep paying and paying a company who only wants to control how you spend your money so you can only pay them. Microsoft and Sony.
At least on a PC you pay for it once and you can you play online.
MMOs don't count!
Even free to play MMOs games are no subscription and you don't pay the man for the privilege to play on his network, also known as the INTERNET, which you ALREADY pay for.



--------------------------------------- In summation:---------------------------------------
Marfig you are not seeing the BIG picture and, there is no room for slander or denigration of another persons opinion even when he says its an opinion.

The 360 is overly out dated.
There is only room for it in the market because Microsoft is making money and spending it to developers to solely focus on THEIR PRODUCT.
They have no control over PCs, only their console.

There are way too many issues and limitations to stay with a console today compared to a PC.

In 2005 it was debatable to go with a console rather than a PC without direct X 9.1c, but buy 2007 with the release of direct X 10 any game written for it was based on 5 year old technology with direct X 9.
And today we have direct X 11 which was released earlier this year and, no game yet has even come close to maxing any PCs potential with direct X 11 exclusive gaming. BF3 is hopefully going to max out our extreme rigs.

PCs stay with the trend of technology. Consoles CAN NOT!
By today's standards (and yes we will live in the now, not then) PC gaming is the only way to play a decent game with the technology today.
If you are still playing solely on a console then you are paying for a game that has lost 90% (again by today's standards, look at the graph of performance) of potential.
Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:19 PM   #13
Superman
Obliviot
 
Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sol, Earth
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfig View Post

>> These opinion are based on facts, and there are more facts to back up my opinion.

I'm sorry. But I have never seen a fact that demonstrates either Sony or Microsoft are paying developers to publish first on the console. Care to show me these facts?
Here you go, link alert!
Microsoft paying developers to port iPhone apps to Windows Mobile 7?
There paying developers now for their phone, there is no reasonable argument that you can make that would say that Microsoft isn't paying developers to make their consoles be in the for front of gaming rather than PCs.

I think I answered the rest on my previous post.
Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #14
marfig
No ROM battery
 
marfig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
This is just an insult and not anything useful. You are showing how close minded you are and, how you only care for consoles and not in favor of PC's
Superman, you are in for a surprise if you actually think I care for consoles... at all. The thing is I share the same distaste for these gaming platforms as anyone else in here, and what they have been doing to PC gaming. I just don't try to justify that annoyance (and sometimes even anger) with unsubstantiated claims of a certain gravity that... and this is the kicker... actually offend the companies and the people behind the games we love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
Look if you have valid point bring it up.
Right on my next post on this thread, I will. I'm just making some finishing touches. Sorry for not having done it sooner. But between the moment I started it, after I first read Kayden's article, and now, house chores got in between and my wife wouldn't hear otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
In Kayden's original post he quoted Rob Williams
NVIDIA Talks PC Gaming Trends
Please point out where, ANY WHERE in that article where is says that consoles are better than PCs.
Err, nowhere. It's the article attached to this very thread. Did you realize that? The question is, where did I say that? Or what made you think that I actually even came close to mean that? Is it because I reject an unfounded theory that Sony payed DICE money to release on the console first that somehow I'm immediately in favor of consoles?
__________________
NOX COOLBAY Side Window Black; NOX Apex 600w Modular; ASUS P7P55D-E Socket 1156, Sata 6Gb/s & USB 3.0;
Intel Quad Core i5 760 2.80 Ghz @ 3.60 Ghz, 8 Mb de cache; Gskill Ripjaws 4 Gb DDR3 1600 Mhz CL8 Dual Channel;
ASUS GEFORCE GTX 560 TI DC II 1024MB GDDR5; Samsung 1 Tb 32 Mb SpinPoint F3; NEC 24x Sata black
Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2;
2x Samsung SyncMaster S43NW 8000:1 (1440x900)
Logitech K120 Keyboard and Logitech Performance Mouse MX
marfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:36 PM   #15
Kayden
Techgage Staff
 
Kayden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CA
Posts: 710
Default

Here marfig here is your proof it has happened, and there is nothing to suggest it has stopped. Took me a while to remember what game but it came to me.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2007/06/take_two_gets_5/

Your also getting nothing further me on this, your saying it can't be out there and you aren't willing to educate yourself, which is not my job. My job is to promote critical thinking about issues, look for said information and have you draw your own conclusions, not stand up and go into a point and counter point with because you don't agree. I have said this my opinion on these facts, I have never said what I am saying is factual because I prefer PC gaming. Read what I write, not what you want my friend.
__________________
Koolance PC4-1036BK Liquid Cooled Aluminum Full Tower Case (Upgraded to displace 1320watt of heat) - Koolance 360 ver 1.2 CPU Water Block - PrimoChill ICE Non-Conductive Fluid - Asus P6X58D Premium - Intel I7 950 - Evga GTX580 FTW Hydro Copper 2 x2 in SLI - Tt SMART M1200W PSU - Kingston HyperX 12GB 1600 XMP - Klipsch 5.1 THX Cert Speakers - Sata II OCZ Vertex 4 128GB, Kingston 120GB SV300, WD 2TB, & 320GB - Seagate 1TB - Cyborg RAT 7 MMO Mouse - Logitech G19 - Logitech G13 Gameboard - 1-over-3 Viewsonic's VA2448M-LED 24-Inch for Nvidia Surround - Ergotech Triple Horizontal LCD Monitor Arm Desk Stand



Last edited by Kayden; 09-23-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Kayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMD Talks Down the Importance of x86 Performance Rob Williams Processors 4 06-10-2011 02:34 PM
AMD Talks Llano & Radeon HD 6800 Rob Williams Reviews and Articles 2 10-20-2010 06:27 PM
NVIDIA's History of Gaming Challenge Rob Williams Contests 0 02-03-2010 03:45 PM
NVIDIA's CEO Talks Netbooks Rob Williams Mobile & Small Form-Factor Computing 0 01-29-2009 02:18 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:29 PM.