Latest Forum Posts

Latest News Posts
Coming Soon!
Social
Go Back   Techgage.com > Archives > Reviews and Articles

Reviews and Articles Discussion for Techgage content is located here. Only staff can create topics, but everyone is welcome to post.

Old 06-19-2006, 11:42 PM   #1
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Default NZXT Apollo

Building a new rig and can't find a case that screams 'gamer'? NZXT is a rather new company that's making a splash in the case market, and they are releasing yet another new creation. This one is feature packed, looks great and it won't even hurt the wallet.

After reading my review here, discuss it here!

Ding.. we have reached 200 pieces of content =)

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter
<Toad772> I don't always drink alcohol, but when I do, I take it too far.

Rob Williams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:06 AM   #2
werty316
Partition Master

I never liked any of NZXT cases but this isn't so bad. Its is also funny that the interior of th ecase reminds me of the CM Centurion series as it looks the same.
Old 07-01-2006, 05:32 AM   #3
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by werty316
I never liked any of NZXT cases but this isn't so bad. Its is also funny that the interior of th ecase reminds me of the CM Centurion series as it looks the same.
i like this case its look very nice.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:22 PM   #4
Unregistered
Guest Poster

You guys forgot the door LED... the vertical one, it doesn't work if you have the P+ and P- LED chords in the wrong places.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:41 PM   #5
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You guys forgot the door LED... the vertical one, it doesn't work if you have the P+ and P- LED chords in the wrong places.
I guess I forgot to include that in the review. I've had it working all along, so I am unsure why I didn't get pictures of it =/

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get!" - H.P. Baxxter

Old 12-06-2006, 10:14 AM   #6
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Default Could someone help me..?

I dont Know witch case i'm going 2 Buy

Apollo
Or
Thermaltake Armor ...?

could someone help me witch one 2 choose
Old 12-06-2006, 03:17 PM   #7
Rory Buszka
Super Moderator

That particular question might have been better in General Hardware. You'd have to register, but that process is fast and painless in this forum. Life is better when everybody registers and continues to participate in the ongoing discussion here.

To answer your question, though, I personally prefer the look of the Armor, and I think you'll be happier with it. The NZXT is bulbous and goofy-looking, I think. But please, don't buy the side panel with the 250mm case fan on the side. There's really no reason for it, and it's another path for noise to escape. I'd expect to be taken more seriously as a user if I went with the Armor. Personally, I like the cases by Antec the most, if that helps you understand where I'm coming from with this.

Rory Buszka
Rory Buszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #8
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

The Apollo and Armor are not even in the same class. The Armor for sure, it's huge and offers a lot of breathing room. The case in general looks great to me. The Apollo is a great case for those on a budget.

Old 12-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #9
Greg King
I just kinda show up...

Dark votes Armor!

Primary:
Intel i7-5960X | ASUS X99-Deluxe | 16GB Crucial DDR4 | Intel 730 240GB SSD | Crucial M4 256GB SSD
WD 1TB Black x1 | 2 x EVGA 770 GTX Superclocked SLI | Corsair H110 Water Cooler
Corsair 750D | Windows 8.1 x64 | Dell 2410 x 3 @ 5760x1200

ESXi Host:
Intel i5 3570 | ASRock Pro4-M | 24GB Patriot DDR3 | WD 250GB | QNAP NAS iSCSI Shared Storage
Greg King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #10
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Hey Fellas
I just bought this case for 60 big ones. Was looking for a cheap but stylish case with good cooling and this fitted the bill for me.
Yeah, spend 100s on an Armor if you want but I don't have that kinda money. Also, I don't think the Armor is that great looking....

About the poster thing. I've emailed them to ask about a poster, but I live in the UK, so you guys reckon I can still have one?
Or will forking out a few dollars for shipping it to me put them off?

And thanks for the review. I think I will like this case a lot.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:03 AM   #11
mjordan
Guest Poster

Default Compatible with 8800GTX/Ultra series?

According to you, is this case compatible with the 8800GTX/Ultra series of graphics card?
Someone say yes, someone say not. Who is right?
Old 05-03-2007, 04:33 PM   #12
Rob Williams
Editor-in-Chief

It is, I have an 8800GTX installed in there. It's a tight squeeze though, let me tell you.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:04 PM   #13
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Default nzxt apollo HDD clip

Where can I find some new HDD Clips for this case? I'd like to add a new hard drive but having a heck of a time locating the clips.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #14
Unregistered
Guest Poster

Default Adequate to house a (Sapphire) hd4870X2?

I just bought an Apollo, as the case for my new (from-the-ground-up) gaming rig. I was originally planning on using an hd4870 1gb graphics card, but at the last minute decided to go up to the Sapphire hd4879x2, which, as you all probably know, is known for heat issues. I haven't yet picked up the rig, so I don't yet know what kinds of heat issues might be coming my way. The guy at the store assured me that the side panel fan on the Apollo should be up to the task of keeping everything cool enough, but I'm wondering if I should be thinking about (for example) adding another fan in the available slot at the front of the case. My guess is that this is probably a good idea anyway, but should I perhaps have an eye toward further cooling solutions? The reason I ask is that, although the above review makes it clear that the Apollo is certainly far from deficient in terms of cooling, I'm still wondering whether it has the stuff right out of the box to handle a "termperature-challenged" card like the hd4870x2. Any thoughts?

By the way, I love the look of this thing (the Apollo). I went for the black model, and it looks great. The orange got my attention at first, the silver one was cool but not really my taste, but the black one seemed to be the one that I'd be least likely to eventually tire of.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:03 PM   #15
manifest
Guest Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I just bought an Apollo, as the case for my new (from-the-ground-up) gaming rig. I was originally planning on using an hd4870 1gb graphics card, but at the last minute decided to go up to the Sapphire hd4879x2, which, as you all probably know, is known for heat issues. I haven't yet picked up the rig, so I don't yet know what kinds of heat issues might be coming my way. The guy at the store assured me that the side panel fan on the Apollo should be up to the task of keeping everything cool enough, but I'm wondering if I should be thinking about (for example) adding another fan in the available slot at the front of the case. My guess is that this is probably a good idea anyway, but should I perhaps have an eye toward further cooling solutions? The reason I ask is that, although the above review makes it clear that the Apollo is certainly far from deficient in terms of cooling, I'm still wondering whether it has the stuff right out of the box to handle a "termperature-challenged" card like the hd4870x2. Any thoughts?

By the way, I love the look of this thing (the Apollo). I went for the black model, and it looks great. The orange got my attention at first, the silver one was cool but not really my taste, but the black one seemed to be the one that I'd be least likely to eventually tire of.
yeah, you might want to pick a fan up the front. cools HDDs down alot,and other components also.

Tags
None